"Tristan, it has been a week."

"I said no."

"You're being ridiculous."

"I am being sensible, my lady wife. You are being ridiculous."

"No, my lord husband. You are being ridiculous. I am being sensible."

"I said no, this matter is closed." Tristan said curtly.

Sapphire scowled at Tristan's retreating form. It had been seven days since her woman's time was over. From the beginning until now, Tristan refused to let her do anything. She wasn't even allowed to eat by herself let alone walk.

Sapphire smiled softly as she remembered how kind and considerate he was. He would rub her stomach through out the day, as well as her feet. No matter how many times she would tell him to stop, he would brush her off, continuing to ease her pain. Her pain had been great this time, she hadn't let on how badly it had hurt, but she was grateful for his kind nature. She could barely move in the beginning.
Although she was very thankful for a loving husband, him thinking her made of glass was ridiculous. He hadn't let her step a foot out of their room, let alone the castle.
She needed air.
Now, seven days after her woman's time, he was still acting like a mother hen, claiming some woman were in pain afterwards as well, and she needed her rest. Alexander and Duncan had a splendid time at her expense. Worst of all, he hadn't touched her at all, not once. She didn't know what was worse.
Sapphire was more than frustrated.

She wanted to go riding and the arrogant brute wouldn't even let her do as much. For reasons she couldn't understand, she was extremely frustrated as well as angry. One minute she felt like giving him a good beating, and the next, doing something highly indecent. God help her! She was going to drive herself insane.

Tristan walked to the bailey with a dark scowl, his men immediately stopped their jesting and began to train properly. Tristan watched each one carefully, picking out their mistakes and how it can be fixed.

"Someone's in a foul temper this morn." Lord Rivers chirped, coming up besides Tristan.

Tristan's ever present scowl darkened.

"There is nothing foul about my
temper." Tristan snapped.

"What every helps you sleep at night, lad." Lord Rivers said with a smirk, clearly amused at Tristan's irritation.

Tristan rolled his eyes. He wasn't naive enough to discuss his marital disputes with his father in law. But lord Rivers wasn't a man's every day father in law. Tristan took him as something greater, someone closer. He debated the matter until the man in question decided for him.

"Are you going to tell me or keep sulking."

"I am not sulking." Tristan menaced.

Why was he even thinking about telling him?

"Of course not, my boy."

Tristan silently stared at his men, they had been practicing for the better part of the day, since dawn to be exact. It was well past the noon meal.

"That's enough for today." Tristan called out before walking towards the river. It was surprisingly warm today. Sapphire would have loved to go to the river, and he did promise her......

But he didn't want to force her. A woman's time was very hard, and knowing his little wife, even if she was in pain she wouldn't show it.
Tristan glowered as he walked by Andrew, there was something not quiet right about him, if only he knew exactly what......
Tristan kept walking until they were by the riverside, quietly taking in the glorious beauty of creation. The water glistened in the late afternoon sunlight, just warm enough for a quick stroll. Tristan took a deep breath in, exhaling slowly.