Chapter 13

I'm kind of sick so I hope you guys like this :)

*Evan's Dream*

I opened my eyes, blinking as I adjusted to the low lighting. What happened? I thought I was in the living room?

"Morning, you sleepy fuck!" A voice called out, causing me to jump. "What? Thought that you would get some alone time? I think you've had enough of that." I heard a thump, like whoever was talking had jumped off of something.

I turned around to find a guy with a red leather jacket, white stripes on the sleeves, black skinny jeans, and red converse. He also looked exactly like me.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked, still sitting on the floor.

He laughed, getting closer to me. "Are you really that pathetic? I'm you, idiot! Well, actually I'm the you that remembers."

"V-Vanoss?"

By now he was right in front of me. "Yeah, it's about time you figured it out. So, got any questions? You'll be here for a while."

"Why are you here? The guys miss you...."

"I know, it sucks right? I'm stuck here while you get to hang out with them, totally unfair." He sighed, looking to his right longingly. "I miss them..."

"Why can't you just jog my memory faster?"

"Because, it would leave you in a coma for at least a year, and I'm pretty sure that's cheating."

"How would it be cheating?"

"Because you're supposed to like remember certain things at certain times and teach you life lessons and shit. Pfft, what a load of shit. I want my life back!"

"I'd give it back to you if I could! You think I like not knowing?"

"No! You wouldn't give it back if you knew what I knew! That's why you haven't told anyone about what little you have remembered, and it's not because we're stubborn and you know it. You're scared of what will happen, I mean, you're supposed to be something you really don't want to be."

"T-that's not true..."

"Yes, it is. Because think about the way the guys have acted around you. They have freaked the hell out. Why? Because you are the exact opposite of me, and that scares the hell out of them. And you don't know that, do you? Of course you don't, you're just a blank slate with my appearance. What do you know?"

"That you guys were like a family, you had trust. I don't have that trust.....I don't have anything"

"Exactly, so why would you give up what newfound innocence you have for everything I have?"

"Because people need you more than they need me."

"Do they really? Remember, I'm you. And I know that somewhere in that unknowing little brain you think that this is a second chance for me. To right all of my wrongs, because you know what I am, and what I've done. Even if you don't remember it."

"Say it...." I said quietly, getting a little pissed off with this guy.

"Say what?"

"Say what you are, tell me about the infamous Vanoss that everyone loves! The Vanoss that I am supposed to be!"

"I'm the leader of the greatest gang in Los Santos! We run the city! People fear me, because I have power you couldn't even imagine. I am confident, fearless, brave, and everything a good leader needs. I rob banks, plan heists, kill people, participate in illegal activities because that's who I am. It's like I said, I am everything that you are not."

"I know, I know that."

"Looks like you're leaving already, but don't worry, I'm sure we'll meet again. Remember, don't tell them about me, ok?"

"What if they ask questions?"

"Trust me, Brock will tell them not to. I know my friends. Have fun living my life!" His voice faded away as everything became brighter.

*End Dream*

Evan blinked slowly, trying to recollect what had just happened. He was still on the couch, and he could hear his friends talking in the kitchen. He sat up slowly, alerting his friends.

"He's awake!" He heard David yell, causing everyone to look up. They walked over to Evan, who sat on the couch, staring in front of him blankly.

"Ev? How are you feeling?" Brock asked gently, walking in front of Evan.

"T-tired...." Evan's voice was shaky and he wrapped his arms around himself as if he was cold. He shifted his gaze to the floor, unable to meet his friend's eyes.

"Ok, c'mon. I'll take you to your room, ok?" Brock said as he helped Evan up, leading him back to his room. He glanced back at his friends, who gathered at the hallway entrance, his gaze telling them not to worry. Evan was going to be fine, he just needed some time alone.

"Thanks." Evan said quietly as they reached his door, Evan went in while Brock made his way back to the living room.

Evan closed the door, pressing his back against it as he let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. After a few moments, he walked over to the window and closed the curtains, making the room void of any natural lighting.

"See? We're complete opposites." The voice made Evan jump as he spun around, seeing Vanoss casually sitting on the small desk on the wall opposite to where he stood. "I wouldn't have acted like that, you know."

"What are you doing here, Vanoss? I thought you were stuck in that place?"

"That's actually a funny story," Vanoss started, jumping off the desk and laying down on the bed. "You see, I got bored and I figured, why not mess with you until your memory comes back? Don't worry, though, I'll leave you alone when the guys are around. I don't want them to think I'm crazy, now do I?"

"You're not crazy, you're insane." Evan's voice stayed low, desperately fighting the urge to yell at him. After all, he wasn't real, he was just his subconscious.

"No, we're insane." Vanoss concluded, walking towards him until he was stood right next to him. He spun Evan around, opening the curtains just a crack, allowing both of them to see the outside. He threw an arm over his shoulders and sighed, continuing to speak.

"And someday you'll find peace with it."