Chapter 5

"What do you mean you don't know anything!? You run the greatest gang in town!"

"No, I don't, please I really don't know what you're talking about! You've gotta believe me!"

"Boys, lock him up. He's bound to talk eventually."

"Yes sir."

Well, doesn't that phrase sound familiar.

-----------------------------

"I still can't believe you agreed to this job. All Adam did was give us the address to some sketchy warehouse and tell us to kill a drug dealer and save some of this vertigo shit for him!"

"We needed a job, ok? And like Lui said, if we didn't accept this job who knows how long it would be until we got another one. Every gang would think we're weak and try to take our spot. We need to stay strong and hold our position. I know we're still trying to recover, but let's just do this job, ok?"

"I'm sure there are plenty of other jobs we could take, all Adam wants to do is get high."

"Well as long as he's grounded when he pays us, I don't care what he does. The point is, we have a job and we take care of it as soon as possible."

"Fine. Whatever."

--------------------------

"Here's the map of the warehouse, Jonathan. Anything else you need from me?"

"No, that's all. Thanks Craig."

"No problem, Jonathan. Happy to help."

"Alright, go get some rest."

"Yes sir."

---------------------

Jonathan walked into the Planning Room, the map clutched in his right hand as the door closed behind him.

This job had to be done, which means they would need a good plan. After all, who knew what a drug dealer was capable of? They hadn't dealt with them before, so they couldn't take any precautions whatsoever.

He studied the map, noticing a few neighboring buildings could provide a few potential sniping points for Marcel if the mission needed it. He decided that if he found a sniper was needed, Marcel would take place in a building south of the warehouse. It seemed like the best place.

After all, defense is everything. Especially in their situation.

Carefully, he decided on the placement of the crew when they would reach the warehouse. Some had to stay outside as guards, and the rest would have to follow him inside. Sounded simple enough, but Jonathan knew it was way more than just random placement.

---------------------

It had been a few days since I woke up on the concrete, well at least I think it had been. I could only hear bits and pieces of conversation from where I was currently. I think it was a cell? I haven't been sure about much since I first woke up.

I was still laying on cold floor, nothing changed there. Except, this was different. The air felt thick, thicker than when I had first woken up and it was pretty thick there, I could tell something had happened around there moments before. That time there was more of tense, frightful thick, this was more of an ominous thick, like the 'impending doom' kind of thick.

I don't remember feeling that before.

-----------------------

Jonathan jolted awake, confusion rushing through his head before he realized he had fallen asleep in the Planning Room. He saw the map of the warehouse on the table in front of him, the sketchbook open right next to it.

"Guess I might be working a little too hard on this job." He admitted to himself as he sighed and stood up. It was 11:30, Jonathan had slept through half of the day. "Maybe I just need a break from this room. Maybe I'll take the rest of the day off, it might do me some good."

He opened the door and walked into the hallway, where Tyler was headed back to his room.

"Good afternoon, Jonathan. Did you sleep well?"

"Very funny, Tyler."

"Thanks, I try."

Jonathan ventured into the kitchen, opening the fridge and reaching for a soda. He cracked it open and took a sip, feeling relaxed as the cool carbonated liquid hit his throat.

"Busy night?" Craig asked, his laptop tucked under his arm as he grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl in the middle of the table.

"You could say that again. I stayed up all night trying to figure this shit out, but I just can't." Jonathan sat down at the table, taking another sip of the soda.

"Don't be too hard on yourself, you're new to this. You can't expect to be an expert overnight, just don't stress about it, ok?" Craig also sat at the table, opening his laptop to continue organizing his files. He was a stress-organizer.

"I'm not trying to, it just happens. Like I do one thing, then I start to second guess myself and wonder if it's right, over and over again. I don't know how he did it."

Craig thought about what to say, when Jonathan brought him up, anything could make him upset if he said it wrong.

"I'm sure he wasn't an expert when he started either. Just think about it, he had been doing it for years, he worked out a strategy and a way for it to work. Maybe you just need to find your own strategy, or take a break for a bit, clear your head."

"Yeah, maybe I should take a break, I've been working a bit too hard anyway." Jonathan agreed with Mini, he needed to clear his head. He couldn't get anything done with his current mindset.

"So take a break then, the guys and I are gonna go watch a movie later, wanna come?" They had planned on inviting Jonathan, he had just been a little too caught up in his work.

"Sure, we haven't spent much time together have we?"

"No, we really haven't. But it'll be nice to spend time together today!"

"Yeah, it really will. Thanks for the talk, Mini. I really needed it."

"Anytime Jonathan, anytime."

---------------------------------

I think I've been here for almost a year, it's gotten easier I think. At first they kept asking me questions about all these things I have never heard about.

Gangs....those exist in this city? And how can I be the leader of the greatest one in Los Santos, when I don't even know my own name?

---------------

Again, they asked me again about the gangs, except they used a name this time.

Vanoss, must be a code name. It sounded familiar, but not as familiar as when that guy, whatever the hell his name is, gave orders to his crew. That reply, so simple, yet I can remember that reply like the back of my hand.

Like I've heard it a million times before.

"Yes sir."