“Liv,” I interrupted, I couldn’t manage to listen to the trauma, pain and injuries she went through. She looked up at me with her rust coloured eyes and I couldn’t help but feel a sense of home looking at her. “You managed to kill the third one. Jonah woke up, but you killed one,” I told her grinning idiotically.

She looked baffled for a second, until it all sank in. then, I watched as joy lit up her face and then watched as it fell again. She clutched her stomach and doubled over. “Alex,” she breathed out. “What is wrong with me?”

I frowned. “What’s wrong?”  I was worried that perhaps something went wrong with her transformation.

She had trouble breathing and each second that she didn’t answer me, I felt panic struck me. Then I read her mind.

Olivia was feeling the bloodlust. “Livvy,” I pleaded. “Look at me,” I begged. She shook her head at me. Gently, I lifted her face to mine. “Listen to me,” I said calmly.

She opened her eyes and I saw her pain. “Are you listening?” I asked, just wanting to slightly distract her, though once the thirst is in, there was no way to stop it.

She nodded and I continued. “You were dying, Liv, and I couldn’t let that happen. I would rather die than see you die. So I panicked and did the only thing I could,” I explained hurriedly, knowing that she would hate me, but hoping that she didn’t.

Disbelief crossed her expression and she squeaked out one word that killed me. “Eli.”

I hung my head, afraid to tell her and make her hate me even more. “He is dead, Liv. I am so sorry.”

“Why?”

I killed him because he dared to mess with the one person I love more than life. I killed him because he dared to cross me. I killed him because he played with your trust. I killed him because he dared to touch you, to hold you while I couldn’t. I killed him because he loved you. I killed him because he wanted to kill you. I killed him because he nearly killed you.

“He was the one who doused your room in petroleum and started the fire. He was the one who worked hand in hand with Mikael and them. He sold you out, Olivia,” I whispered.

It had physically hurt me to break her already broken heart, but I had to do it. The last thing on earth I ever wanted her to do was cry –not that she could since she was a vampire –but I never even wanted her to be sad for a second.

Seeing her cradling her head with glassy eyes and a dazed expression tore my heart. She was hurting and there was nothing I could do about it. “Olivia?” I called, not wanting her to get depressed.

“Cathy,” she mumbled. “I want Cathy.”

“If that is what you want,” I said, trying to keep an even voice, even though I felt like breaking every piece of furniture in the house.

I walked out and called for Cathy, within a heartbeat she stood in front of me. “Liv wants to speak to you,” I said emotionlessly. “I’ll be in my office,” I said just in case Olivia needed anything.

“I will let you know how it goes,” she murmured softly.

I locked myself up in my office and opened up the glass bottle of brandy I had and drank straight from it and after it was done, I went on to the next bottle and the next one. I might have finished about seven bottles in under an hour, yet in my mind I could still see how tortured Olivia’s face looked when I told her I turned her into a vampire.

I knew it was an image that would stay with me for all eternity.  An image that would stay as a constant reminder of why she hated me. To escape my thoughts, I went and switched some music on.

Sappy love songs played and instead, I found myself throwing the radio station to the floor. I would not listen to other people sing happy songs while I had to mope about almost not saving the girl I loved. Then, when I do manage to save her, I happen to make her into something she despises.

I am so screwed! I thought with a frown.

Somehow, I found that I fell off to sleep. When I woke up again, it was dark and I heard everyone was rustling about. I rubbed my eyes and took another swig of the half-emptied eighth bottle of brandy and quickly disappeared into the dungeon.

“Mikael,” I said in a rough voice. His mangled face lifted up and I felt a sneaky smirk curve itself on my mouth. All my negative thoughts of the day before drifted in and I was glad to find some way to release the tension of Liv’s reawakening.

He grunted in response and I rolled up my sleeves and went ahead to hit him, to take out my anger on him. I slammed my left fist in his gut and then the right one was aimed straight for his face. I heard the satisfying crunch of his nose breaking for the hundredth time and continued to hit him mercilessly.

It was hours later when I heard no sound from Mikael as I kicked his chest with my steel plated boot. I bent down and pulled his heart out for good measure. I was certain he was dead, but unlike the other vampires that I decapitated and burned, I was going to make sure that I was rid of Mikael’s hold over my happiness forever.

I beheaded him and went into the kitchen and grabbed some garlic. After I dragged his body outside once the pyre was ready, I placed his headless body on top. Then, I stuffed the hole where his heart should have been with garlic and the neck space with tons of garlic. Once I was satisfied, I lit the pyre and watched it burn, finally ridding the world of Mikael and his evil.

Just as I turned, a flicker in the top most windows caught my attention, but instead of staring at her, I continued walking and locked myself up again.

_+_+_+_+_

Hello

I know you want to kill me for this short chapter, but the story is coming to an end and I don't see why I should drag it out further. However, the next chapter will be back to its normal length and back into Livvy's POV. I would like to know if you want an epilogue or not. Please let me know.