29. Working

Hermione's POV

*before the party*

"So the Hog's head?" I asked, hinting a little.
Draco was silent. I cleared my throat. Still nothing.
"I think I'm going to die my hair black and go goth."
"That's nice."
"Oh for merlin's sake! I would look awful with black hair, am besides- goth is such a muggle word! You wouldn't even know the meaning of it! What on earth is going on with you Draco?"
"Oh um nothing."
I went into his head. Immediately images of his father flooded my eyes.

"Stop worrying Draco. It will all be okay."
"Yeah I guess."
"It will be. Okay. Now please at least try and enjoy our time together?"
"Okay." He sighed heavily. "Ah I'm sorry. I love you Hermione."
"I love you t-"
"HERMIONE! MIA!"
I turned around fast, to see Harry running toward me, his hair falling into his eyes.

"Harry! Hi!"
"Hey, um Mia, could you help me with something?"
"Oh er I'm with Draco at the moment, can it wait?"
"No not really..."
"Oh..."

"It's alright, I have an errand to run. I'll meet you here in about half an hour."
"Oh okay... bye?"
Little bit off?
"I love you Mia. I do, trust me this errand is worth it- plus Harry needs you. See you later mate." He kissed me and I smiled.
"Love you back!"
"See ya man" Harry replied.

"Okay so what was the urgent thing?"
"This. Can you help me with this poem thing?"
"Yes? Why?"
"Here," he passed it over. "The reason is not important. It's to do with Hogwarts though"
"Oh um alright... okay so,

There is but one, who knows it all,
The one that pries, prevents the fall.
A lost new life, a friend in need,
One that ends this lurid deed.

Okay so it's basically saying there is one who sees things? And that one person prevents something that is potentially fatal. 'A lost new life' Well that could be a new student at Hogwarts, maybe they have lost someone close to them? Or maybe, Merlin forbid, someone will die? God I hope not. Anyway, a friend in need is explanatory, and lurid means horrible. A deed is like a contract, so maybe some deal has been made?"

"Okay, so far we have the possibility of someone dying, a contract, and a friend in fatal danger, plus someone who sees everything?"

"Yes. Okay.

Bottles out, laughter at ten,
Emotions high, until when,
One is forsaken, all memories taken.

Bottles out could be potions, which links to the last line? Laughter at ten, obviously someone's having fun at ten o'clock. Emotions high could relate to the idea of fun, or if someone has died already, then it might be that. Ah forsaken, means abandoned so maybe someone will get left behind? All memories taken is obvious."

"Alright next."

"Effect on a curse,
A situation even worse,
Love may destroy or prevent the fate,
A potion saves the perfect mate.

Okay so the curse is most likely an unforgiveable curse- so we probably have death eaters still around, which links to the situation being worse. Love is obvious, and if it's linked with the word mate, it must be one of the veela boys in this school which can include Draco, Blaise or Theo. So maybe one of the mates is in trouble?"

"Oh merlin that's a lot to take in. So there's the possibility of four or five people injured or dying. I don't like this."
"What is this from?! Where did you get it from!"
"Mcgonnagall... she asked me to have a look at it. You can't tell anyone about this poem, okay?"
"I promise. What about Draco?"
"No. Don't talk to anyone except me about this. Seriously Mia, there could be a lot at stake."

"I won't. I promise."