One Shot (Part I)

Start from the beginning

"No. But I'm working on it. Anyway, waiting for the line to move is taking forever. I'll go get some coffee."  Conan walks away.

"Heiji?" Hattori saw Kazuha walking towards him.

"I thought you left..." He brushes her off.

Gun was cocked and fired, "Stay wherever you are and hands in the air!" A man held Kazuha, his arms choking her and the gun pointed at her.

Heiji tries to get closer to them, "Stay where you are boy... wouldn't want a bullet in this girl's head, do you?"

As Conan reached the vending machine, he saw Ran standing beside it.

"Ran-neechan? Weren't you going to meet us at the station-" Conan's words were cut off with the sound of bullets being fired.

They both turned and saw that some man has held Kazuha as his hostage and two policemen were knocked out on the floor.

The man kept her at the gun point, "Put your damned hands in the air and gather in the longue. No funny business or else this girl will die." The man's said his voice quivering.

"Hey man! Don't be so hard on the girl. You can have the kid as your hostage..." Conan heard Heiji say.

They all heard him. Ran heard him. Kazuha did too.

He moves toward where the vending machine was and where Ran and Conan stood, all the while the guy had his gun pointed toward him, his hands shaking.

Everyone was wondering who the kid was...

Until Heiji walked up to Conan lifted him up and threw him over the criminal.

Ran shrieks in horror as the guy pushes Kazuha away from him, grabbing Conan in his grip.

"Heiji! Why would you put his life in danger?! He's just a kid!" That was the first thing Kazuha said when she came to safety.

"Don't worry. We have it under control." Heiji said looking directly at Conan who was grinning.

"Excuse me, sir..." Conan said as he opened his stunt gun watch.

"What..." The guy started out harshly but when he looks at the innocent kid in his arms, he trailed off.

"Hey man! At least tell us about what you're gonna do to us?" A boy in the crowd hollered.

He was a high schooler

Everyone turned to look at him but Conan.

Seeing the look in his eyes, Conan drops his hand and looks away with a grim smile.

Heiji was surprised when he saw that the guy didn't drop unconscious.

"Alright everyone gather in the longue. Drop your cellphones on the desk and walk away. I don't mean any harm; I'm just a guy who was at a wrong place in the wrong time." The guy announced.

Dammit Kudo! Heiji thought as he wordlessly followed everyone to the longue.

As everyone was cornered in the longue, the man lets Conan go.

"I'm sorry kid, you can go now." The guy set Conan free and sent him away to join others.

Conan just stares at the man thinking why this man was doing this.

"Go away, I can't do anything to make this day turn out differently for you but I apologize." That said, the man pushes Conan toward the group.

"What were you thinking?! Didn't you shot the guy?!" Heiji asked as soon as Conan walked towards him.