One Shot (Part I)

This is the story for the One shot competition held by DetectiveGirl4869 .

"How long did you say it was going to take, Hattori?" Conan asked as he kept looking around the surrounding.

On a busy weekday, Heiji and his friends were to be on their way to the Osaka Brookline.

As promised, Heiji was going to show Ran and Conan every nook and cranny of Osaka and treat them with its delicacies.

But before they could wander around the city, Heiji's mom decided to hand him a little task.

"I didn't say anything about how long it would take and Kudo, if you had an issue being with your best friend... You should've decided to stay with Ran instead." Heiji says as they both were standing in the line.

It was taking forever for their task to end, banks on a weekday is practically a fish market.

As these two were busy in getting ahead in line while Ran and Kazuha were chatting time away in the lounge.

"You still find a way to match with him." Kazuha grumbles as she eyes the t-shirt Ran was wearing.

Looking down at her plain white t-shirt and then all the way back to Heiji's, Ran understand what was Kazuha so irritated about.

"Hey! It's just a mere coincidence! I could change if you like and instead of waiting for them to finish the job, we can go shopping!" Ran suggested as she spared Kazuha from further worries.

Grabbing her hand, Ran pulls Kazuha with her and they both walk up to the boys.

"Heiji, Conan-kun, we're going to shop while you wait. We'll meet you guys at the station. Bye!"

"What's up with Ran?" Conan thought as Heiji shrugged in reply and waited in the line.

At the shop, both Kazuha and Ran check out some clothes to keep themselves busy.
"See this one! It would look so cute on you!" Ran said picking up another t-shirt. She added it to the pile.

"Check this one out!" Kazuha said holding up another t-shirt. "It looks great..." She puts the clothes down, deep in her thoughts.

Seeing the enthusiasm die, Ran asked, "Is Heiji seeing another girl?"

That got Kazuha's attention, "Say what? No! It's just that... He behaves differently than he used to and I heard him talking on phone with someone, that too secretly. I don't even know if there is another girl or he's becoming a delinquent." She said.

"The Heiji I know is far from being a delinquent and as of for the Kazuha I know wouldn't be just standing here worrying but would be there dealing with her problems." Ran cheers her and drags her toward the counter.

They pay for their stuff and carrying the bags, they head back to the boys.

Back at the bank, Conan and Heiji were bored so they talked about some cases.

Heiji and Conan were still waiting for Heiji's turn at the bank.

"I thought the pattern was just off but then there was never a pattern. The killer would randomly pick his victims and it turns out that the owner of Kasaki group was the serial killer." Heiji finished.

"That old geezer!" Conan says, he was amused by the way that twisted case played out and angry with the way someone decides to take lives.

Everyone was busy in getting their transactions on this busy day. So nobody noticed a man enter the bank.

He was escorted by two policemen.

"But, Kudo... Have you found any leads on the Black Organization?"