Ahsoka nodded, having no idea how Maz knew her or what she was talking about. She turned her head as the door slid open, and someone ran into her full force. Ahsoka fell backward to the ground.

Because I really like this song and it fits this little bit perfectly:

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going and I just kind of—oh." She looked up to see none other than Lux Bonteri staring down at her. He offered a hand to help her up. She immediately took it, and he pulled her out to the sidewalk. He held both of her hands firmly, staring into her eyes.

She looked up at him and down at their hands. "Lux, I'm sorry about what I said. I know you'll never forgive me, and that's okay. I wouldn't forgive me either. I was ignorant, and irresponsible, and small-minded." She tried to control her breathing to prevent herself from crying again, but it was no use. All of her negative emotions were brought to the front of her mind, and she completely lost all composure she had mustered. She could barely get words out between uncontrollable sobs. "You can hate me, and... and that'll be fine... because I was a horrible friend, and I hurt you... and you can walk away knowing that you were right all along..."

He pressed a finger to her lips, quieting her. She looked up at him, and their eyes met. Tears formed in the corners of his eyes.

"Oh, Lux..."

He leaned in and kissed her. Her heart raced wildly as he kissed her again and again, each more intense than the last. She didn't care who saw them, and guessing by his lack of discretion, he didn't either.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in his chest. His arms snaked around her waist as he hugged her tightly. He rested his head on her shoulder, crying softly. An asteroid could've hit the planet and wiped out all life, but neither of them would've cared as long as they were together.

"You're alive," he whispered. She nodded, looking away. "I regret everything I said that morning. Of course I forgive you, 'Soka. I was a jerk, and I am so sorry. It's like your master said at the ball—it takes two to tango." His hand cupped her face, and she relaxed into it. "I'm just happy you're alive. The posters were everywhere with your name on it. Then Senator Amidala told me about your trial and how there was a very slim chance you'd make it out without the death penalty."

"It was Anakin that saved me. He did some investigating and found the one really responsible. It's all behind us now."

Frowning, she turned away from him. She was still trying to wrap her head around the fact that she was no longer a Jedi. Everything was different. The force would never leave her; it would be a constant reminder of the sting of betrayal by those who she used to call friends. What would she do with her life? There were so many opportunities available now that she wasn't bound by the Jedi Code. She wasn't sure she'd every fully leave her old life behind; the Jedi teachings had been engraved into her since she was a toddler. She'd seen a lot of horrifying things over the course of the war that she would never forget.

Her thoughts were interested by a small gasp. "You left," Lux said. "Oh my force, you've left the Jedi Order."

She turned around. "How did you—"

"You're beads are gone. And so are your lightsabers." An uncomfortable silence passed between them, neither one of them was sure what to say.

"Did they tell you about what they did to me?" She asked. He shook his head. "I was hunted down like an animal. They left me to face the wrath of the Jedi Council on my own. The person responsible for everything I'd been accused of and for framing me was my best friend. How would you feel if Saw did something like this to you? It's downright disturbing. The Council didn't believe me when I said that I was innocent, so how can I trust myself to make the right decision when lives are on the line? Besides, I've never been good with choices or trust to begin with." She felt her face heat up as tears welled up in her eyes. She wiped them away and sniffled.

He took her in his arms again and kissed her forehead. "Well, you made the right choice to trust me. I will never let anyone hurt you like that again, okay? Friends are for encouragement and support, so that's what I intend to give you." He smirked. "Maybe a few kisses here and there, too, but that's beside the point." He reached in his pocket and took out a small box. He opened it to reveal a simple silver ring with a small crimson ruby in the shape of a heart. "This ring represents that promise." He slid the promise ring on her finger and kissed the back of her hand.

She was astonished and didn't have the words to describe how she felt. "Thank you. It's absolutely beautiful." She softly kissed his lips.

"We'll work through this together. Never give up hope, 'Soka, even in the darkest times. It'll work out somehow. I love you, and with love, there's always away."

~

A/N: I have one thing to say: THAT WAS A HECK OF A LOT OF FLUFF!!!! And feels. You're welcome. Someday I'll grow tired of writing this sort of thing, but alas, today is not that day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either XD

THERE WERE A TON OF REFERENCES IN THIS CHAPTER! If you've read some of my other stuff (*cough* Park Benches), then you know how much I love throwing stuff in from all sorts of places that aren't necessarily star wars related. Good for you if you caught them all ;)

Remember how I said I was only going to write a few more chapters? That was a lie. I have since decided to write multiple parts, this chapter concluding part 1. I have 3 parts planned, but that number is subject to change. It'll increase, if anything. I'm not sure when I'll be able to post another chapter, but it more than likely will no be this week. I made the region's honor band in my state, which is Thursday through Saturday of this week, so I'm not going to have as much time to write.

Have a marvelous week, and may the force be with you.