More of a Lola than an Ella.

Every entity of the entryway was congested with a sea of people donned in white and red – a sea not even Moses would be able to part. Grasping hands, the two friends stuck together while the scanned the crowd looking for a group they could casually mingle with. Allison could feel the nerves pulsing through Hayley’s hands as they pushed their way forward and quickly offered her an encouraging look. “Just remember,” she mouthed, “it’ll be worth it!”

 Nodding, determination settling in on her features, she began pushing her way past the crowds and got up on the very tips of her toes to look over the taller heads of the taller fans.

 “Allie! Right there!” She exclaimed as quietly as possible, motioning over to what looked like a frat group. Plenty of young, limber looking college folk. Cheshire cat grins plastered on their faces, they slunk closer and closer to the group. Finding their place in the boys would be a bit tricky.

 Carefully watching one of the boys’ movements, Allison stepped up first and moved in right as one of the boys flung his arms out in excitement. “I can’t even believe thi-!” And then an incredibly sharp pain erupted from her cheek all the way up to her hairline and down to her neck. “Holy Christ, I’m so sorry!”

 Tears forming in her eyes, and obviously not expecting her mighty endeavor to turn out like that at all, Allison rubbed her offended cheek and looked up at the boy with faked reassurance. “No, it’s no big deal. I’m alright.” Hayley was instantly by her side, hands on her shoulders and comforting her as much as she could. Getting in close, she whispered in her ear, “Just hold out for another ten seconds. We’re almost there.”

Pulling away violently, a laugh louder than any Allison had ever heard exploded from her friends lips and she elbowed the whacker roughly square in the ribs. “Oh… Derek! That’s what happens when you have too much to drink!” Looking up, she saw security scanning through the tickets of the other men in the group – though their attention was currently focused one hundred percent on whatever the hell was now happening to their frat mate.

 “Um, excuse me? My name is not-“ The boy started to plead his case.

 Hayley pressed one of her neatly manicured fingernails against his lips. “Hush Derek, hush. There is no need for an apology. We know you didn’t mean it. No harm no foul. We won’t tell the Dean about the mishap either – wouldn’t want you to lose your scholarships and everything.”

 Allison just kept herself hunched over, entirely too embarrassed to do anything to save her friend at this moment. She just prayed that she wouldn’t do too much more damage.

 Moving his lips away from her finger and opening his mouth as if he were about to give her the most thorough tongue lashing of her lifetime, the ticket collector drew away his attention and he gave up the ticket sitting pretty in his hands.

 “And, now!” Hayley whispered to her still crouching friend. Slowly, they scurried in between the two people being checked. Slowly, very slowly, they made their way into the holy land. The Joe Louis Arena. They were so close, all they had to do was get that last foot into the doorway and make it over to their “group” and they were home free.

 “Excuse me.” A gruff voice sounded from behind them and they froze in their tracks. Turning, they came face to face with the largest, most muscularly advanced woman the two had ever seen. “I don’t believe I’ve seen your tickets yet. Do you have any?”

 Allison looked over at Hayley, who returned the look and cocked her brow. “Well, I don’t think showing my boobs is going to help us with her.” She commented under her breath.

 The next thing they knew, they were outside of the Cobo Center and it was raining. Holding their tiny purses over their heads in an unhelpful way to keep the rain from attacking their hair, Hayley let out the most pathetic sound Allison had ever heard. “Well so much for that genius plan.”

 “It wasn’t that bad. You just Lola’d it.”

 “I did not, you ass! I was totally Ella! You just had to go and get hit-!”

 Groaning and stomping her heel in a puddle, causing a splash that thoroughly soaked the only part of her pantyhose that was dry. She had enough. “I’m not going to argue about this all night. Let’s just go to Hockeytown and get a couple drinks, alright?”

 Hayley contemplated this idea for a few minutes, then nodded sullenly. “Only if you’re buying.”

“Oh shut up, ass.”