Chapie 7: The First Two Riddles

Amber's POV

I laugh, spreading out my arms as I fly through the air on my sister's back. I've never felt so free. As soon as we had crossed the border between the two dimensions Ruby had turned into a dragon, allowing Connor, Crystal, and I on her back. We were going over the forest searching for the clearing. After what felt like mere seconds of flying (It was probably a few hours) we found it, and in the center, just as the C siblings had said, stood the statue. Old, broken, and covered in many year's worth of dirt and grime, but it was there. We flew down to investigate closer.

"So how long ago was this guy supposedly found?" I'm curious. Knowing could and probably would, help us.

"Uh, about ten years. Why?"

"Are you sure Crystal, because this statue seems to be over a hundred years old."

"She's right. This statue is almost exactly 177 years old and seems to have been here for almost that long too."

"How long was he on a rampage, exactly?"

"They say that it lasted thousands of years before stopping, but no one can live for that long unless they have unicorn blood or something like that." Crystal answers my sister.

"Maybe there was more than one person?"

"Mabye."

"Well no matter the case we have to get going before this sculpture becomes history." I point out that the sculpture is slowly corroding away. The closer we are the faster it disappears.

"Right, which way?"

"Try looking at the statue, Ruby." I walk off in the right direction, following the C siblings and laughing as she immediately rushes to catch up.

A little while later and a whole lot of searching in trees and bushes, we found the next clue: a riddle. Great. I couldn't solve a riddle to save my life!

Out the forest,

Carry on.

Stop where the sea comes far inland;

Follow the age old path;

Where the king once sat,

Where the child once cried,

In the heart of the ancient kingdom,

Lays the next clue.

"What?" I scream. "That makes no sense!" I really, really hate riddles.

"Out the forest, carry on. Carry on, out the forest. Carry on out of the forest." My sister is mumbling things now. She's gone crazy. There's no way it can be that simple. Right? "Guys! I think the first two lines are telling us to just keep going until we clear the forest."

"Great job Ruby!" Connor says.

"Thanks!"

Oh come on! If the rest of the riddle is that simple, people would be flooding this guy's place by now.

"Once we clear the forest we can look at the riddle again to figure out the next part." Crystal says rolling up the poem and sticking it in the backpack that we had brought.

After a long trek through the woods we finally made it out. Crystal immediately pulled out the riddle for us to look at.

"Ok so the next line is 'Stop where the sea comes far inland'. Any ideas?"

"Maybe we should keep walking since it says to stop at a certain point which probably has water." I suggest.

"Ooh! Ooh! I have an idea!" My sister annonces.