Chapter 34: Deivina and Deinira

Start from the beginning

I felt a pulse inside of me. Like I was being defibrillated. I clenched Natsu's hand tightly, just I noticed him clenching mine.
He's feeling it, too.
There was no time. No time to speak, no time to act. I fell, Natsu's embrace the only thing giving me one last shred of hope. We were both on the floor now, our eyes fluttering shut. So I held my breath, and relied on him.

The first thing I saw was the bright gold of the subconscious field.
"W-What?" I said, in complete disbelief. "No! Not now!"
"Lucy," Natsu greeted, who had suddenly appeared. It didn't take him long to assess the situation.
"Y-You're kidding..." he stuttered. "Divinity! What the hell?!"
That was when she appeared. Only...she was not herself. She was crouched down, and was rocking her head back and forth between her hands. She was human.
"What the hell..." Natsu repeated, unable to take his eyes off of her.
"D-Divinity?" I said softly, walking over to her. "Divinity, what's going-"
She stood up and threw herself at me. There was no aggression at all...just desperation.
"I remember," she whispered. "I remember her."
"Divinity...are you..." I couldn't find the words.
"My sister!" Divinity cried out, practically in tears. "She...she told me to...it wasn't my fault..."
"It's okay, calm down. Explain everything," I told her, stroking her hair.

-Erza P.O.V-
It was just as Akari had said. They both collapsed to the ground instantly, Natsu's arms wrapped around Lucy.
"I'll be taking those," Akari instructed, pointing down at them.
"Like hell you-"
My threat became empty in seconds, as my surroundings went blank. There was nothing...except white. This illusion was simple for her; she would have had no trouble performing it on all of us.
"AKARI!" I screamed in a fit of anger.

-Lucy P.O.V-
"My name...my name is Deivina," Divinity told us.
"So you're a human? How?" Natsu asked, too quickly.
"Natsu, slow down. She's scared," I reminded him.
"Oh, r-right," he added.
"We were the first...the first two," Deivina continued, and I could feel her warming up to me.
"The first two what?" I asked gently.
"The first two...of humanity," she replied.
They were the first humans alive?
I looked up at Natsu, but he only shrugged in return.
"We were given the power, of creation and destruction," she trembled. "I was creation, and my sister..."
"She was destruction, wasn't she?" I finished. Deivina nodded slowly.
"So...there's a power similar to divinity, but one that causes destruction? That doesn't sound too good," Natsu said.
"We wanted to give our gifts to humanity," Deivina said. "So we dispersed ourselves into magic power. That's why, you created me when you recollected all the magic at once. That's why you're the holy creators, creator's of god's children."
"You're...god's children? So the 'holy' part makes sense now..." I muttered to myself.
"We have lived for thousands and thousands of years, along the way we've lost out humanity among being without a physical form...please, find Deinira! Find my sister! This awakening...is dying out..."
"Awakening? What do you mean?"
Deivina's head suddenly trailed downwards, so she was now staring directly at the floor.
"Deivina? Are you okay?" I asked. After a few short seconds, her head threw itself back up again and her body stood up.
"Welcome, holy creators," she greeted.
"Lucy...is she..." Natsu began.
"I think so. She's gone back to her normal robot self," I agreed. "That was incredible. We just learnt so much in such a short time!" I exclaimed. "Deivina called that an 'awakening'. So, an awakening is when she shortly regains her human emotions, I guess?"
"Wait, we need to get back!" Natsu suddenly cried out, which jogged my memory as well.
"You're right!" I replied, quite frantically. "Deivina, get us out of here!"
"As you wish, creators," she answered, smiling.

The first thing I noticed as my eyes flew open, was Akari's face looking down at me. Already, my fingers clasped around her throat, before I could even sit up. I could not stop myself, it was an impulse.
"B-But they said..." she whispered, gagging for desperate breaths. I glanced around, also to notice that everyone had confused expressions on their faces.
"Let them go!" I ordered. "Now!"
She shook her head slowly.
"NOW!" I shouted, tightening my grip.
"Lucy, calm down!" Natsu cried. He could most likely feel my anger from here.
"I will forever...by loyal...to the council..." she choked, as the colour began to drain from her face.
"Why?! The council are monsters!" I screamed.
"Lucy, stop it now!" Natsu yelled, even louder.
"But she hurt you!" I cried, as tears began to fill in my eyes. "She hurt me!"
He suddenly threw his fist down on Akari's head, knocking her out. My hand naturally loosened its grip, as her unconscious body slid down to the floor.
"She'll be fine," Natsu said softly, picking her up and resting her head on his lap. My hands stood suspended in the air with a slight tremble.
"N-Natsu..." I stuttered. He knew what to do- he always did. I'd never felt more relaxed than I had in that moment, as he wrapped his arms around me in a desperate embrace.
"I told you," he murmured into my ear. "I will always help you find yourself again."

"Lucy...you're okay," Erza said, half to herself. "Thank god. Akari used this...illusion...and I couldn't-"
"You did more than I could ask, Erza," I told her, laughing. "Don't stress yourself out too much."
"But I guess her magic has...faded away, right? Since we knocked her out," Natsu suggested.
"Yeah, maybe..." I replied. "But just in case..."
I placed my hand on her heart, and concentrated hard. I had quickly identified this earlier, and now seemed to be the appropriate time to use it. Akari gasped in her sleep, notifying me that the drug had entered her body.
"What did you do?" Natsu asked me.
"I fused the magic restriction drug into her body. You know the one the council invented?" I replied.
"Wait...you can create that? How?!" Cana cried, shocked.
"I just identified the substance in the air, or compound more like... that wasn't a natural air substance. You should be able to do it too, Natsu, if you think about it," I told him.
"Really? Huh..." he muttered.
"Anyway, enough about that. We have some research to do," Erza added.
"You're right," I replied, nodding my head. "Let's get to work."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
AHHH I AM SO SORRY FOR HOW LING THIS TOOK! For some reason I have not been in the writing mood at ALL for ages, and I did actually write a really long message about it on the Friday that I was MEANT to post but it somehow got deleted and I didn't have time to write it again. I've felt really bad this whole week but believe me it's REALLY hard to push myself when I'm just not in the mood, and even if I get myself to write it'll be terrible. Let's hope I GET MY ACT TOGETHER FOR GOD'S SAKE