Chapter 1: Where Our Story Begins

-Natsu P.O.V-
A Rosafelt. In basic terms, they're sacred. Treasures. Magic is a rarity- a special power that only very few are born with. And for some strange reason, these few are all extremely beautiful women. Only about one in five thousand girls are born with magic. If a female child has magic inside of her, the parents will see signs after they reach the age of two. If they do, the parents are forced to send their child to the FRAS (Fiore Rosafelt Accomodation School) in which she will stay for the majority of her life. Rosafelts are treasured because of their power and beauty- they are seen as special gifts sent from God. That's why they get the best of everything, including teachings on how to use their magic. Even among the few that have magic inside of them, even fewer graduate from the FRAS, meaning a Rosafelt is extremely rare to see. 'Graduating' basically means that they have mostly mastered their magic and can use it properly. Only then are they allowed to leave the FRAS, however I've heard that several guards accompany them the rest of their life. A Rosafelt who is still attending the FRAS is known as a Rosafelt child, as they do not officially know how to use their magic.
Now, we talk about Lucy Heartfilia. She's the biggest news across the whole country- the youngest Rosafelt child to graduate from the FRAS. The average passing age is 28-30. The youngest before her was twenty six- she's seventeen. Not only that, she's almost three times as powerful as your average Rosafelt.
That's where our story begins.
With her.

"Oi, Natsu! Come help out with this!" Elfman called. He owned a bakery with his two sisters, Mirajane and Lisanna. I didn't have a job, my everyday routine consisted of eating their food, stealing from the townspeople of Magnolia, and...being alone.
"Why have I gotta do it?" I argued back.
"Because I got you out of trouble from the council last week, and this is your payback!" He shouted back. I moaned, then walked over to them. I was reasonably strong, so I could lift the heavy sacks of flour.
"Natsu, are you sure you don't want a job here? It could really help you. You wouldn't have to steal anymore," Mira offered, who had literally show up out of nowhere.
"Thanks, Mira, but I'll pass," I replied.
"Your dad wouldn't want to see you like this," She added, before leaving the room.
"That's not my fault," I muttered, so quiet that she couldn't even hear.
"So how's that?" I asked, after carrying in the last sack.
"That's great. Thanks, Natsu," Elfman replied. I shrugged it off, then jumped out through the window.
"Use the damn door!" He shouted after me, making me laugh.

I was a loner. I hated to say it, but it was true. People knew me in town, mostly because I would steal stuff from them. But I would pay them back- after about a week. I would sit around with people and listen in to their conversations, but at the end of the day, it was just me. Alone.
I never knew my mother, and my father died when I was seven. I looked up to him in everything he did, and always awaited the minute he'd walk through the door from work. Most of my conversations would be about him, how brave he was, his adventures.
I loved him.
When he died, I distanced myself from others. My father's friends hated watching me suffer alone, but I refused their help. I forced myself to get over it; to move on. I knew there were friends waiting for me, willing to help me- but I just couldn't accept it. I wouldn't allow myself to be that weak.

I wandered the streets with my hands dug into my pockets. I gave everyone a nasty look when I walked past, especially the ones who hated me back. It was a beautiful street, if you took me out of it. Just as I was about to turn the other way, a figure ran into the street from a corner. They were cloaked in a dark robe, with a hood that covered their face. They were running directly my way, turned around to look behind them. From my experience, they were probably being chased, and didn't really care where they were heading. Since the person wasn't looking in front of them, they ran straight into me.
"H-Hey!" I muttered, trying to balance myself. Only then did the stranger look at me, and only then did I see the most beautiful face in the world.
Her brown eyes glistened against the sun. Her cheeks were the perfect shade of rosy pink, and her lips were so smooth- so delicate.
"H-Hey..." I repeated. "Who are you?"
"Please," she replied. Her voice was like silk in my ears. "Help me."
"Why do you need help? Is someone chasing you?" I asked. She quickly nodded. I glanced around, and noticed a small alleyway, which was hidden in the shade. I scowled at the woman, for getting me involved in this mess, then grabbed her hand.
"You better thank me for this later," I muttered, before dragging her deep into the alley.