9: Heya Stevie

There was one thing I could do. One thing, and that was move. I hauled myself to me feet, my hair tangled and my body aching from the sobs that had torn through me so viciously. I sat with my back pressed against the bed, looking at the walls covered in pictures of victims. No, I admonished myself, Not victims people. People with families. 

"I gotta, I gotta find her." I whispered to myself. I used the bed to pull myself up to a half standing half kneeling position. I wanted to throw up, scream, cry more, I couldn't decide. So instead I sat down on the bed.

"Stand up, get up, Vstan'te." I hissed to myself. I could hear it in my head, the handlers, HYDRA, scream it at me while I fought concussions. If I didn't get up they would beat me, tase me, anything to force me to obey.

"Vstat', soldat." I hissed again. This time it worked. I hauled myself to my feet, stumbled out of the room, and down the hallway. I ran into the wall at a fast lumbering pace, causing my left shoulder to leave a sizable hole in the drywall. 

"Keep moving, keep moving, find her phone." I whispered to myself. She'd left it here before we left, I remembered seeing it on a table, or counter, was it on the windowsill? Look around Buck look around. Get a grip and look for the phone.

After looking in every possible place I found her phone shoved under her pillow in her room. I looked at it in confusion, how did she turn it on again? I finally found the power button and pressed it, revealing her lock screen of She and Loki both doing cheesy poses with their cheeks pressed together. (y/n) had a lock of Loki's dark hair between her top lip and the bottom of her nose, while Loki had a lock of (y/n)'s hair under his nose. They both had their lips puckered dramatically with peace signs next to their faces. Cute. I swiped the screen to reveal a password lock.

"chert poberi." I hissed under my breath. There was still a phone icon in the bottom right corner and I tapped it to see where it would take me. It brought up a list labeled emergency contacts and I saw a few familiar names. Tony, Natasha, Steve. Steve, He'd know what to do. I tapped his name and heard the phone ringing. A groggy Steve picked up the phone.

"Yello?" Steve asked. I let out a relieved breath at hearing the familiar voice. There was a shuffling on the other line.

"(y/n)? Are you ok?" He asked. I remembered why I'd called him.

"It's not, this isn't (y/n)." I said while running a hand through my hair and leaning back on the bed.

"Who is it then?" He asked suspiciously. I took a shaky breath. How could I explain what had happened?

"Not important. What is impor-" Steve cut me off.

"It is important. Who are you and why do you have (y/n)'s phone?" He snapped. I cringed, if I told him he might be more focused on me than (y/n), but if I didn't would he trust me enough to look for her?

"My name is James, I'm her roommate. We went out somewhere and when we were coming back we were jumped, the punk knocked me out and took her. She left her phone here and I figured I'd call someone." I explained.

"Oh God, why didn't you call the authorities?" Steve snapped. I flinched. Because the cops aren't going to be able to deal with someone who knocked out a 260 pound super soldier assassin with a metal arm and advanced martial arts training. I thought. But that would definitely give me away.

"Listen, I'm a big guy, about 6 foot, I'm like 260 and this guy knocked me out in one hit. I've also had some run ins with authorities in the past, I'm not sure they'd trust my tip." I said trying to remain calm.

"Alright James listen I'm gonna head over there, if they did anything to the apartment please, don't touch anything. Go down to the garage and wait by her car will ya?" Steve asked. I agreed before hanging up the phone and walking back into the room that was 'mine'.