7: Asgardian style

"Lady (y/n), I advise you to get ready for departure

"Lady (y/n), I advise you to get ready for departure." Thor said, stepping into the room Clint and I were training in. It had taken a lot of concentration but now I could hit a moving target about 80 percent of the time. I looked at the traditional bow in my hand, admiring the carvings and shape of the wood.

"Thanks Thor. Hey, can I take a plus one? He won't cause any trouble I promise I just need the support." I hastily added the last part in an attempt to convince Thor to let me bring Bucky. Yes, I had known him for two days, but I considered him a friend.

"Of course Lady (Y/n), Captain Rogers is always welcome in Asgard." Thor said, turning to leave. I loosed one of Clint's soft tipped arrow from the bow, catching Thor off guard as it flashed in front of his face.

"It's not Steve, Thor. You haven't met him but he's a friend." I said. Thor quickly nodded his head, tossing the arrow back to Clint who caught it while glaring at me. I rested the bow over my shoulder the way Merida did in Brave before saluting Clint and walking out of the room.

"Hey Steven!" I called down the halls, hoping the Captain was still up. He stumbled down the stairs from the common room and squinted at me before seeming to realize who it was. When he saw me his face broke into a grin and he rushed the rest of the way down the stairs, jumping the last two and jogging towards me.

"Hey (Y/n) I missed you." he said, hugging me tightly and pulling my head against his chest. I wrapped my arms around his midsection, feeling calmed by the presence of my second best friend.

"It hasn't even been a day Dorito." I teased, pulling away from him. He smiled down at me before releasing my shoulders and walking with me up the stairs, one arm slung over my shoulders.

"I know it has but I'm used to visiting you once a day." He said while we walked up the stairs. We sat down on the couch in front of the television. Well, Steve sat. Then pulled me into his lap to talk. I leaned back into his chest comfortably, trying to keep the bow from poking either Steve or I. 

"So why did you disturb my sleep?" Steve teased after a moment of silence. I sat up off his chest and turned so I was facing him before laying forwards with my chin resting on his chest.

"I need a ride home." I said, pouting my bottom lip. He sighed and sat up.

"All right, on one condition." Steve agreed, pointing a finger at me. I raised an eyebrow in question.

"You let me take you for coffee on Friday." Steve said with a smile. I leaned back, furrowing my eyebrows and tapping my chin with one finger, pretending to think it over.

"Deal." I said, holding out my hand. He smiled and we shook on it before standing and taking the elevator down to the garage. Steve threw a leg over his motorcycle, holding it steady and allowing me to lean against him while climbing onto the back of the motorcycle. 

"Hang on tight sweets." Steve said, trying to copy a 50s greaser voice. I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around his middle, resting my cheek against his shoulder while he pulled out of the garage and into traffic, driving towards my apartment building.