School's In

The day had finally come. Day looked around at the crowd of students surrounding him. They were seated in a large auditorium, facing the podium on the stage, waiting for the headmaster to come. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, fiddling with his suitcase.

"I wonder what high school is going to be like." thought Day. "I've never dormed before at a school, but it shouldn't be too bad. As long as my roommate isn't loud or a slob, it should be fine." Day nodded his head approvingly to that thought.

"Good morning students!" Day's thoughts were cut off by the headmaster's booming voice. He walked up to the podium and grabbed hold of the microphone. The headmaster was a well figured man with a look of benevolence. "Welcome to Serenity's School for the Acceled!" Applause and cheer filled the auditorium. He cut it off with a wave of his hand. "My name is Garfield Strotswater, and I will be your headmaster for the next four years. Now you all might be wondering; hey, isn't this Serenity's School? Why's Garfield the headmaster?" A few murmurs spread among the students. Strotswater smiled and silenced the crowd again. "Serenity was my mother, and I am proud to be the owner of the school now. Freshmen, once again I welcome you. I promise you that these years will not only be safe, but enjoyable. I hope that you will be able to find your talent and your calling here. Now you will be directed to find your rooms. If you need help, then just find one of our lovely staff members. Thank you, and may you all have a great four years." With that the students began to flock out of the auditorium. Day took out his phone and looked up his room number.

"Dorm C Room 2A..." Day murmured. He grabbed his suitcase and headed out of the auditorium. The sun shone brightly, blinding Day. The campus was nice and lush. The area was a meadow with paved sidewalks and roads cutting through, leading students and staff from one building to another. There were trees as well as benches, and the whole area felt alive. There were people lying down on blankets along the meadows just staring at the fluffy clouds above.

Day's dorm was huge, and as he approached it he marveled at the sight. He looked up at the sensor above the door.

"Day Elwin, welcome." A metallic voice said as the door opened. He passed by groups of guys laughing together as he found his room.

"Room 2A... room 2A... rooooommmmm, aha!" Day found his name written above a door along the second floor. Under his name wrote Charles Menz. "Is that my roommates' name?" he wondered. His fingerprint opened the door, and he entered a small but neat room. There was a bunk bed, two desks, two chairs, a closet, a drawer chest, and a bathroom. Day walked in and set his suitcase along the bottom bed. At the same time, Day heard the door open behind him as a tall and skinny redhead barged into the room with two suitcases. Their eyes met, and the kid smiled.

"Hey, I'm Charles. Are you Day?" Charles greeted.

"Yea, it's nice to meet you." Day returned the smile as they shook hands. Charles looked around the room and his eyes settled on the bunk bed.

"You're taking bottom bunk?" Charles asked.

"Uh, sure I guess. Do you want it?"

"Nah I'm good, I'll take top." Charles waved his hand. They both sat down and began to unpack their belongings. "Yo we gotta liven this room up, whadya think?" Day looked around the room thoughtfully.

"Sounds good." Day took out some shirts and hung it up.

"I think we could put up a poster there," Charles pointed at the wall. "Maybe a beanbag over here," he patted the floor. "Anyways, can I see your schedule? I want to see if we have any classes together."

"Go for it," Day replied as he took out his phone. He swiped towards Charles, and they both received a beep.

"Got it, here's mine." Day looked at his phone and read the words 'New invite; Charles's Freshman Schedule.' He clicked open and looked through his schedule.

"I think we share English, Lunch and Accelerated Combat Training I." Charles gave Day a thumbs up. "Hey it also says here that you take two other Accelerated Courses... Manipulation I and Enhancement I. You're an Enhancer? That's pretty cool." Day shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah, but I'm not very good. I can only enhance myself to have night vision." Day scrolled through Charles's schedule some more. "It says here that you take Accelerated Physical Education I. You're a Phys?"

"Yup, I have enhanced reflexes. Try hitting me." Charles spread out his arms. Day grinned and took a swing. Charles rolled to the side, smacking his head against a desk. Day giggled and helped Charles up.

"Those are some pretty impressive reflexes bud."

"Oh shut up."