Chapter Fifteen: Ensnared

Start from the beginning

"It's a shame about Argus and Yalaria, and to think Yalaria would have been perfect for this" whispered Darrell who had a small pair of binocular's glued to his face scanning the buildings.

"Why do you say that" asked Meinhard gruffly, he was already becoming irritated with the assignment given to them.

"She had the ability to become invisible. Along with what I can do we could've easily just strolled in there and have the place scoped out in no time" he said stopping his binocular's at a certain place drawing his attention away from the topic.

"Have you seen something?" quizzed Jamie who had been nestled against a tree with his back propped up straight.

"Yeah. It's Noran and Kirill, they're being briefed by a Cyturion scout I think. Looks like they've found out some interesting information by the pure look of glee on Noran's smug face" his voice was laced with poison as he looked at the man in disgust.

"Once their clear I think it would be a prime opportunity to grab that scout and have ourselves a little chat. Any objections lads?" asked Jamie, already knowing what their answers would be.

Both Meinhard and Darrell couldn't find any reason to so they resigned themselves to waiting for the opportune moment. It didn't take very long, after a few minutes the two leaders of the Cyturion's departed from the scout and retreated within the complex. The scout on the other hand went around the right hand side of the complex where there were no patrol's present and there was also a tree perfect for an ambush.

"Wait here" said Darrell followed swiftly by a flash of white flames as he vanished and reappeared in the distance perched perfectly in the tree with ample time for his target to arrive.

They watched with baited breath as the scout strolled directly beneath the tree, and without even knowing what had happened was struck on the head with Darrell's knees as he was descended upon. They watched in horror as they saw a patrol coming up to the corner of a nearby building which concealed Darrell and his captive from sight but they were steadily getting closer as he began to haul the unconscious man over his shoulder with great effort on his part. They were about to round the corner when Jamie and Meinhard realized that he was going to be spotted and without a word to each other they went to the aide of their comrade.

Their appearance before the two man patrol caught them off guard which made them easy targets. Jamie lunge forward with a short sword in his left hand and a small circular shield in the other, his sword found flesh in the form of a throat which he tore out with ease. He saw Meinhard dispatch his opponent with a pair of fiery white punching daggers, he drove the blades directly through his eyes which elicited a scream from him before he passed on. Unfortunately for them another patrol was circling around the complex from behind them and they came running at the sound of the scream.

Balls of obsidian flame came crashing down on them, Jamie just barely deflected one with his shield but Meinhard wasn't so lucky and took one directly to the chest knocking him flat to the ground. Jamie ran to him grabbing by the arm as he did so, and looked over to Darrell who was still carrying the scout.

"Let's get out of here now" he roared then vanished behind a vortex of white flame. Jamie did the same using his own flame to transport an unconscious Meinhard with him and back to Peak Cavern.

Peak Cavern, Arturion Base.

When the flames had faded away the three young men and their captive were met by a crowd of people gathered in the main area to the cave, and they all had perplexed looks on their faces. At the front of the crowd stood Taylor with Kimiko by his side, and still dressed in their white funeral attire as they looked at the returning Arturion's.