Chapter Nine: A Family Torn

 Tokyo, Japan

The bundle of money felt divine in her hands as she stuffed it into the duffell bag before her feet, the bag was filled to bursting and she held all she could carry. She'd raided only a small fraction of the bank vaults contents, the amount was equivelant  to several thousand pounds. She was probably the only person who was stupid enough to pull a bank hiest in broad daylight alone, but she was the only person in the world who could walk through the front door unseen. The camera's in the corners of the room had been melted away before they even had a chance to see anything going on, all she had to do was stroll out. Standing to her full height she focused for a moment until a tingling sensation crawled from the tips of her toes all the way to the top of her head, covering her entire body. 

With that done she walked out of the vault looking into the reflective metal of the door and didn't see a face staring back at her, which meant as usually her little trick did it's magic. Nobody was on the other side as they were taking lunch at this time, she knew this from doing extensive research on the habit's of the banks staff. As the human's would say, the devil is in the details it caused a smile to spread across her lips as the phrase passed through her thoughts, human's of Earth always amused her. Her hand came to settle on the handle of the door, to anyone else it would have felt cold but all that could be felt was heat it was if it had been in the hot sun all day. 

Stepping out into the cramped office space it was empty of the staff as expect leaving her in the clear, she cleared her mind and allowed the obsidian black flames to consume her form. In seconds she was in the alleyway behind her current residence, she'd only been there a few months but it was private and nobody bothered her or so she thought. Several strides away stood three men, one she recognized on sight the other two were a mystery aside from the raw power and heat that one of them was emitting. It had to be the heir to Arturio's, which meant nothing but trouble for her. They turned a moment after she had spotted them, the heir and the other stranger instantly balled up fists of fire ready to attack. However the other smiled as he strolled toward her and extended his hand. 

"We meet again, Yalaria. It's been too long and we are in need of your services" smiled Argus, to her he hadn't aged a day just like all their kind but by the way he carried himself it was obvious that he stood out. 

"I had hoped to not see you again, Argus you're as hard to get rid of as you were so many years ago" she replied keeping her hands firmly in front of her grasping her bag tightly. Argus noticed the tightning of her grip and his smile broadened. 

"Do not worry, I have no interest in your activities or the fruits that they bare for you. But I need your help Yalaria, there is bad blood between us I understand that and your hatred is not misplaced" he said soothingly. 

Throughout their conversation Taylor and Darrell stood back looking utterly confused by what was going on. Argus clearly had a history with the raven haired woman which was concerning enough. Her hair was tied into dreadlocks that fell to the base of her neck blending in well with her dark skin, she had a slim physique and was dressed entirely in tight slimline clothing. Her face was slim and angular with a prominent forehead, she looked just as young as any other Ember and was likely just as old as Argus. 

"Would either of you like to tell me what's going on?" shouted Taylor over them as their voices had begun to gain greater volume as they argued. They both stopped mid arguement to crane their necks in Taylor's direction giving him their full attention. 

"This is Yalaria, she's the person on the list Taylor. Before you say anything, yes she's Cyturion but she used to be with us before the end of the war in Thurnar" said Argus.