ID Please

Alex's P.O.V

To say I was nervous was a major understatement. All day I have sat by the clock waiting for it to strike seven.

The worst part was that I wasn't even sure why. She's just a teacher, so why am I so worked up.

Come on Alex, Pull it together. This is just another dare

I was sitting on the sofa staring at the blazing fire when I suddenly jolted in my seat at the sound of the doorbell.

I looked down at my phone and saw that the time read 6:50. I smirked to myself as I got an idea.

Ms. Braxton's P.O.V

I walked up the steps of her porch and lightly pressed my index finger to the doorbell.

As I waited for someone to answer I pulled my jacket closer to body to shield myself from the cold evening.

I heard Alex's voice speak through the large oak door "Who is it?"

"Uhhh, your teacher" I answer confused. Is she expecting someone else?

"I'm sorry but you'll have to be more specific" I roll my eyes realizing she's just trying to wind me up.

I decided to just play-along thinking that it would make things go a lot faster. "your math teacher"

The letterbox suddenly opens causing me to take a step back. "Do you have proof of identification?"

I squint my eyes and lower myself so i am at eye level with the piercing blue eyes through the small slit. "Alex you know its me" She furrows her eyebrows. "you can see me!!!"

"Sorry without ID my father said i can't let anyone into the house" She squints her eyes threateningly at me "especially imposters." I roll my eyes again and sigh through my gritted teeth.

"Fine" i said while pushing my drivers license through the closed letterbox.

After a minute or so she speaks again. "How do i know you didn't just steal her driver's license before you came here, huh?" I clench my jaw.

"Thought you were real smart didn't you, well you can't fool Alex Carter"

She was really starting to get on my nerves. "I swear to god Alex, if you don't open this door right now, I'm going to---"

"----What? You're going to what?" I could hear the amusement in her voice.

You're a teacher pull yourself together. I took a deep breath to calm myself down. "Alex, please let me in" i spoke in the calmest voice i could muster. 

"Is this you begging?" i could see her lips crack into a smile through the small slit. "Because i much prefer my beggars on their hands and knee's "

"Alex" I said sternly

I could hear Alex quietly laughing through the door. "Okay then, if you are the real Ms. Braxton then what was my answer to the first math question you ever asked me?"

I scrunch my eyebrows looking down at the floor searching vigorously through my head for the answer. A second later my my eyes shoot up to meet Alex's and a wide smile spread across my lips. "7"

I saw her eyes flicker with light as a small smirk appeared on her lips. "Correct"

The letterbox falls closed and I stand up straight pleased with myself. I wait expecting the door to open but it never does.

"Alex?"

"Yes?" she asked innocently through the door once again.

 "Are you going to let me in?"