Lauren left Houston to be at her side, but she disappears before she gets there? And before Lauren can do anything about it she's arrested? How odd.

"You can't find her? What about her family?"

"They don't know where she is. Neither does her husband."

"Husband?"

"Yes," she says distractedly, "she's been married for about two years."

What?

"So she was with you while she was married?"

Holy fuck. She really has no boundaries.

"No! Good God, no. She was with me nearly three years ago. Then she left and married this guy shortly afterward."

Oh. "So why is she trying to get your attention now?"

She shakes her head sadly. "I don't know. All we've managed to find out is that she ran out on her husband about four months ago."

"Let me get this straight. She hasn't been your submissive for three years?"

"About two and a half years."

"And she wanted more."

"Yes."

"But you didn't?"

"You know this."

"So she left you."

"Yes."

"So why is she coming to you now?"

"I don't know." And the tone of her voice tells me that she at least has a theory.

"But you suspect..."

Her eyes narrow perceptibly with anger. "I suspect it has something to do with you."

Me? What would she want with me? "What do you have that I don't?"

I stare at Fifty, magnificently beautiful... dressed in only her sports bra and the pants she managed to slip into.

I have her, she's mine. That's what I have. Yes... what do I have that she doesn't? Lauren.

"Why didn't you tell me yesterday?" She asks softly.

"I forgot about her." I shrug apologetically. "You know, drinks after rehearsals. You turning up at the bar and your... feisty get down with Victoria, and then when we were here. It slipped my mind. You have a habit of making me forget things."

"Feisty get down?" Her lips twitch.

"Yes. The pissing contest."

"I'll show you a feisty get down."

"Wouldn't you rather have a cup of tea?" I speak trying to sound proper.

"No, Normani, I wouldn't." Her eyes burn into me, scorching me with her I-want-you-and-I-want-you-now look.

Fuck... it's so hot.