"What's she holding on to?" Thomas shouts to Lawrence.

"Who knows. But she can't last long."

All of a sudden, the woman is using one of her hands, scrunched into a fist, to bang on the glass, a wide smile on her face.

"Can't you do something? There has to be some way to get her off the roof," Lori asks.

"Fine." The man slams down hard on the brakes, sending the woman flying. When she climbs up from the road, she does not look happy at all, blood dripping down the side of her head.

Lawrence doesn't stop to look at her like the rest of them, just hits the pedal, not planning on turning to avoid the woman. Thankfully, she has the sense to move out of the way for the speeding vehicle.

"She was like a mix of sane and not sane," Thomas says to no one in particular.

"Just be glad she was the only one," Lawrence points out.

Brenda gives Thomas' arm a gentle squeeze. "It's hard to look at. I know how it felt for you, Minho and Lori to see what happened to Newt."

Lori's heart skips a beat as she tries to recapture he breath, squeezing her nails into her palms to fight against the urge to scream at Brenda.

Thomas looks at her, mouthing 'are you okay?'

She doesn't know whether she is or not, so she just nods, knowing it's the easiest option to take in a situation like this.

No one says anything as they drive down streets where there is a possibility that Cranks may come out of nowhere and attack them.

When they're almost out of that area, Brenda decides to speak again. "I can't believe it happened so fast. You think they were somehow planning to take over Denver? Could they really organize something like that?"

And is Newt helping them?
Lori can't help but feel that her want to go along to meet the Right Arm is less than honorable. She cares about helping them, but she cares about seeing Newt again far more.
There is no way am I not seeing him again. No way.

"Hard to know." Lawrence answers the question, because he would obviously have more knowledge on the topic. "There were signs. Locals disappearing, reps from the government disappearing, more and more infected being discovered. But it looks like a huge number of them sucker hid out, waiting for the right time to make their move."

"Smart plan," Lori points out.

"Yeah," Brenda says. "It feels like it was a matter of Cranks finally outnumbering the healthy people. Once the balance tipped, it tipped all the way over."

"Who cares how it happened," the man grumbles. "The only thing that matter is how it is. Look around us. This place is a nightmare now." He focuses on direction for a minute. "Almost there. We need to be careful now." He shut the headlights off and speeds the car up once again.

The dark of sundown begins to engulf them, and Lori can't wait to finally arrive. This definitely does not feel safe.
Thomas obviously feels the same, as he suggests to Lawrence that maybe he shouldn't be driving so fast.

"We'll be fine. I've driven this route a thousand times. I know it like the back of my-" And that's when they run over something. Or someone.

"'We'll be fine' he says.'I've driven this route a thousand times' he says," Lori mocks.

Brenda rubs her neck, "What was that?"

"I don't know," Lawrence admits, speaking very quietly. "And I don't appreciate the attitude kid." Lori rolls her eyes.
"It was probably just a trash can or something. Scared the crap out of me."