What a bad start

"Yeah, I told him that this was an important part of our investigation.." I said to Clodagh.

"And he didn't allow?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yes, he didn't.. he just doesn't listen to me, I'm sick of him."

"What a fucking jerk." Clodagh said.

She was as pissed as me. She was working on an investigation with me and this little thing could change our future, but our boss, McCrap, wasn't the nicest person on earth. Actually, his real name was McWrap but we loved to joke at his name, we couldn't help it.

It was Friday and we were getting out of the investigation center, when I spotted two guys not that far from us. One of them had short spiky black hair and the other had short hair, like very short, but it was dark outside because it was almost midnight, so I couldn't see them quite well. They were wearing hoodies and they didn't seem very sober because they were laughing hard, at least one of them.

I was starting to get scared because I don’t like to be all alone in the streets at night. Yes, Clodagh was with me but we were girls, we were not that strong. So I grabbed Clodagh's hand, probably too tightly, making her scream in pain and drop my hand.

"Shit, Sorry" I told her when I realized I was holding her with too much force.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She yelled at me, rubbing her hand to ease the pain.

"Shhhhh! Don't yell! We can't speak that loud!" I warned her, my voice almost reaching a whisper.

"Why is that?" She asked, this time her voice was much softer.

"Do you see those guys over there?" I asked her, making an almost unnoticed sign in the boys' direction. Almost unnoticed, I failed.

"Yes, what's the problem?" She asked confused.

"I don't know, I don't like their looks, they're scary. OH SHIT!" I told her as my heart started beating fast, "They're coming!! Walk walk walk! FAST pleaseeee!" I said, rushing us both into the car. I was so scared.

"Take it easy girl, don't stress!" Clodagh said, although I just ignored it. When I was about to arrive at the car one hand grabbed my arm.

"AAHH!" I screamed terrified, "FUCK! What do you want?" I yell at the guy who was holding my arm. Clodagh couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't laugh! It's not funny!" I told her a little bit angry, but she didn't reply, just kept smiling.

"Sorry." The guy with spiky hair managed to say.

"You scared the fuck out of me!" I said still angry.

"I didn't mean to.. to scare you.. yaaknooww?" He said, smiling, but obviously, he was drunk as fuck.

"But you did, now let me go." I said, trying to release my arm from his hold. He was stronger than me so it was useless.

"You we-were the one loo-looking at me.. I thought you wanted som..something." He slurred, looking right into my eyes, making me shiver.

"No I wasn't, now let me go!!" I almost screamed.

"Yes, you were.. but.. I ju.. just wanted to.. to say that you are.. beautiful.." He told me, but not letting my arm go. I was starting to freak out. Clodagh was staying in the other side of the car, looking at me, and now she really looked scared.

"Yeah yeah, thank you very much but now just let me go." I tried so hard to release my arm but I couldn't. AHH.. I just wanted to scream..

"Oh noo.. I wasn't talking to you. You're not the beautiful one.. I was talking to the girls down there." He said, pointing out to my boobs and finally releasing my arm from his hold.

"What the fuck?" Disgust poured out of my mouth as my hand flew and landed on his face, making him lose his balance and fall to the floor; only because he was drunk, I'm not that strong.

Clodagh almost fell too but that was because she was laughing so loud.

"That was awesome!" She said through laughing.

"Woow! What's going on in here?" The other guy asked as soon as he aproached us. "I can't stay away one minute that you are all fucked up.." He said, looking at his friend who was still on the floor.

"Shut up." The drunk said to his friend, who was trying to pick him up from the floor. "That hurt, you know?" He turned to me, rubbing his face with his hand and making an angry look.

"I just don't care! You are a fucking jerk and a fucking drunk too!" I told him as angry as I could.

"Hey calm down, you two." The other guy said calmly to both of us. Clodagh looked like she was at the cinema watching a movie, she just needed some popcorns.

"How can I be calm if this bitch just slapped me on the face?" The drunk told his friend.

"You shut up, don't say anything more! You've done enough!" The other guy said, making the drunken one sulk. He then turned to me. "Are you okay?" He asked with his warming voice. He looked so cute but I couldn't see him very well.

"Yeah I'm fine. I was just pissed at your friend. He's really a jerk, you know?" I told him, glancing at the idiot on the floor with a disgusted face.

"He's not a bad guy, he's not like this.. he’s just out of himself tonight." He said with a sad and a kind of concerned look on his beautiful face. We were both looking at him and he had his arms crossed to his chest.

"It's not an excuse but whatever, it's really hard to believe that he can be a good guy." I just said.

"If I had only seen him like this I would think the same, so I understand you, but I know him for so long.. he's a good guy. Sorry anyway about Gates.. I mean, my friend.. " He said with a hint of embarrassment.

"You don't have to apologize, it's not your fault. He's the guilty one." I said, pointing to his friend who just glared at me.

"He would be sorry if he was sober.. actually he will be sorry tomorrow."

"Whatever” I said with a shrug. “Hey, you're really nice, unlike your friend, and I would love to keep talking to you but I really have to go." I said with a small smile.

"Oh of course.. it's late and I have to take this guy home too so. " He said looking at his watch.

"Good luck with that." I said, laughing a little. First time of the night that I was kind of enjoying.

"Yeah, but I think he's sobering up.. " He said with a full smile showing his dimples. I almost died, his dimples were the cuttest thing on earth.

"Well.. thank you very much for saving me from your friend." I said smiling, making him chuckle.

"No problem, anyway he wasn't going to do anything to you; First, he was too drunk and second, he’s not that kind of guy." He clarified, being very protective over his friend.

"I really have to go now, so.. goodnight I think." I said, unsure of what to say.

"I'm Matt, by the way." He said, throwing his hand in my direction.

"Annie." I shook his warm and soft hand as I felt my cheeks blush a little. "Nice to meet you."

"Me too." He said, "Although it wasn't the best occasion."

"It doesn't matter, at least we met." I smiled at him.

"You're right" His dimples showed up again. SOMEONE STOP THOSE DIMPLES! "It's getting really late, you should go home." He finally said.

"Yaap.. So goodnight" I said, waving at him.

"Goodnight" He replied. "Come on dude, let's get you home." He said to his friend who was leaned against my car holding his face in his hands.

"Yeah, get away from my car." I shouted while I was opening the door, making Matt chuckle.

"This weekend couldn't start in a better way." Clodagh said when I stepped in the car and leaned against my seat,sighing.

"Believe me.. this was not what I had planned." I told her.

After this little situation we just wanted to go home and sleep.. a LOT. We were very tired.