Chapter Five

Drastic Changes and Fake Notes:

"WE'RE GONNA BE SPIES! ARE NONE OF YOU EXCITED?!" screeched Kassy.

"Well, duh, Kass! We just need a second more than you to adjust to our drastically changing life!" admonished Mercy, "I mean, to you and Ally, this is something you've been waiting for all your life! But we just asked for it now. But as I just said, you know everyone is excited."

"Except Alexander," muttered Kyle darkly," Al, if you give us away, you are dead."

"D'you really think I'd betray my friends and sister?" asked Alexander, highly offended, "As long as we can get our homework done, I suppose I'm all for it."

Ally beamed at her twin. Finally.

"Now, back to the important stuff-homework."

"ALLY CARTER, THAT IS SO MUCH LESS IMPORTANT THAN WHAT-" Kassy continued to rant as Ally calmly began her homework.

At school the next day, Kassy deftly slipped Kyle a note.

Hey Kyle, where is that weird rock formation that Nathan was talking about, anyway? I don't remember seeing one last time we were there. -Kassy M.

So he answered it, really hoping he wasn't spotted.

We were last there a whole year ago, i think those people created that as a meeting place, and almost everyone goes to the river once a week, so they wrongly assumed we would. But no one ever goes there on a Tuesday, so we're safe. -K.M.

"Kyle, may I see that note please?" asked Mrs. Williamson.

Kyle gulped. "Well, it's really nothing Mrs. Williamson. Kassy just had a question about the homework; she didn't get it all written down, you see," he lied.

Kassy managed to slip him another note, as he slipped her the other one. The new one read,

Hey Kyle, what's the homework? She erased it too soon. -Kassy M.

He managed to write,

It's a seven page essay on-

"If it's nothing, you won't mind showing me it," Mrs. Williamson smiled.

So Kyle handed her the new note, the fake one actually about homework.

With a frown, she read the unfinished note. "Drat," she muttered under her breath. She had a growing suspicion that they were involved with her old enemy, but she needed proof. It was time to pay old Adeline a visit.