Dark Angel Part 3

In through your nose, out through your mouth. The thought repeated in my head as I ran down the street, the lights illuminating my path. Only a few people were still out this late and most were out getting drunk. I zigzagged through people as I jogged past them.

A few bright stars could be scene even through the light of the city. They were beautiful. Although I was pretty sure most of them were actually planets, that didn't make me think otherwise.

It was a common scene for me as I liked to do most of my running at night where it was colder and there were less people to run into. Except, this night, there seemed to be one more than usual.

"Oh!" I gasped as I ran straight into someone coming out of a store. The person stumbled back but kept their balance. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention." I apologized as I took out my earbuds.

The person I had run into was taller than me by a couple inches and they had dark, straight hair that almost covered their eyes. He wore tight jeans with a white sweatshirt that had the hood up. He also wore timberlands and had a black backpack that sat on his back.

"It's okay. I should've been more careful," he said, wiping off his jacket and then giving me a smile as he looked up. Although, his smile disappeared a bit as he looked at me.

"Ar-are you sure you're okay?" I asked worried, but other thoughts filled my head.

"Ah, yes, I'm fine. Thank you," the boy said, somewhat eager to leave.

"Wait," I said, grabbing his arm before he could walk off. "Do I know you?" I asked, trying to peer into the darkness of his hoodie.

"Ah, no. I don't think so," He said politely without looking at me.

"Oh, my bad. You just look like someone I've seen recently. What's your name?" I asked, being friendly.

"Jungkook," he answered.

"Hello Jungkook. I'm Nari. It's nice to meet you," I said and he warmed up a little to my friendliness. "By the way, was it your birthday the other day?" I asked.

"Actually, it was. How did you know that?" He asked looking confused.

"I saw a bus pass by and it said 'Happy Birthday Jungkook'," I informed him.

"Yeah, but that could be any Jungkook. How would you know it was me?" He questioned with wearing a smug look.

"Well, it had a huge picture of your face on the side. There was no doubt that I would miss it. So are you an idol or something?" I asked the question as I gestured for us to walk along the sidewalk as we talked. He stood at my side, between me and the street.

"Actually, I am. I'm under BigHit entertainment," He said somewhat reluctant.

"That sounds cool!"

"Yeah, well it has it's ups and downs. One of them being that I don't get much time to exercise like you are. Most of the time it's just not eating," He informed me.

"It's not always fun exercising, especially when you're forced to, like I am," I told him before we jogged across a pedestrian walk way.

"You're forced to exercise? Why?" Jungkook asked.

"I'm a professional athlete."

"Oh really?" Jungkook's eyes lit up as he asked the question. "What sport do you play?"

"Soccer. I play for the Seoul football club and the Korean women's national team," I answered.

"You look really young to be a professional soccer player," Jungkook said, announcing his thoughts.

"Well you look really young to be an idol," I retorted. He chuckled at my answer.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"Younger than you," I responded with a smirk.

"How would you know that?" Jungkook asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Your age was on the bus too."

"Dammit," he said under his breath, making me laugh aloud. My phone buzzed in my hand and I looked down at the text. 'Meeting at the training room in 20. Be there.' It was from my coach. I sighed, sad that I would have to go.

"I'm sorry. I'm going to have to go. Coach is calling an emergency meeting," I said, guilty.

"Oh, that's okay," Jungkook said, being sympathetic.

"Can I have your number?" I asked. Jungkook's face wrinkled in confusion.

"Why? You're not going to share my number with the whole world like one of those sasaeng fans, are you?" He asked worriedly. I chuckled a little.

"No. I understand what it's like to want privacy. It's just so whenever you're free and want to exercise, you can call me and we can go together. It's always more fun with someone else," I answered.

"Are you sure?" Jungkook said as he slowly pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Here." I put out my hand, asking for his phone and he gave it to me. "I'll text you so you also have my number. If your number gets leaked, you can have your company call me and sue or whatever they want to do," I said as I entered my number into his phone and texted him. I handed him his phone back. He smiled, not worried anymore.

"Thanks," he said.

"Okay, I have to go. Talk to you later. Bye Jungkook!" I said running back the way we had just walked.

"Bye Nari!" I heard him yell as I jogged off. I smiled to myself as I put my earbuds back in. I picked up my pace, running harder than I had the whole night. I didn't know why, but it could've been the bubbly feeling that had settled its way into my stomach.