Chapter 22: Return of the Dark Blade

ابدأ من البداية

"Damn.", said Cheska as she backed off as the terrorists smiled darkly as they threaten to tie her hands.

Ryo withdrew his sword and said, "What a pitiful performance from a samurai. Come with us nicely, and I promise you and your friends wont get hurt."

After a few moments, all of us were tied in the mouth and the hands. The terrorists pushed us when they feel like it while we were going towards the AVR. Cheska were in front, and I couldnt tell what she was thinking about right now.

As we have all feared, we are captured as hostages. But at least I am grateful that they didnt kill Cheska or any among us. I am so scared when her sword broke like that.

When we are on the AVR, they made the six of us sit quietly on the floor. I sat beside Cheska. Somehow I feel comfortable beside her.

Then Ryo and another man went to the stage and announced something.

"As you can see, Dr. Jiro. We have captured your very own daughter! Now there will be no reason for you not to agree on giving our tribute, or else we swear we will severe her head slowly in front of you within 18 hours.", said the terrorist leader also wearing a mask with his microphone.

It made my fear grew bigger and bigger. Whats taking the bank to give their tribute? Is it too large?

Ryo suddenly went over to Dr. Villamore and pointed his sword, "What is the meaning of this? Our men were being slayed one by one!"

He cut the tie on his mouth and he said, "I have no idea! I swear I didnt order anything about killing your men!"

"What a filthy lie. You shall die, old man. Farewell.", said Ryo as he raised his sword. At this point many were trying to shout under the ties on their mouth. Cheska suddenly ran towards her dad and faced Ryo.

"I see. So you want to die as well. Very well. I shall grant your wish!", Ryo shouted as he slashed them.

I just closed my eyes and cried. Im too scared to see my best friend being killed like that. Now I know what David felt like in his past. To see a friend being slayed in front of you.. its just painful.

Then Sakura were prodding me, signaling me to look at something. I tried to open my eyes bit by bit, and I saw someone blocking Ryo's sword. He was dresses in all black. Could it be..

"DAVID LEE!?", shouted Ryo as he went back a little.

Its.. David? He came back to save us! I cant believe my eyes! Is this a dream!? He was covered in black clothes it was hard to recognize him! He's wearing dark leather uniform, and a black mask and hood. And there's two swords strapped in his back! He's so cool.

David swung his dark sword on his side, "Yes I am David Lee. And your madness stops now."

Cheska were shouting on her ties. David noticed her and cut the thing on her mouth and arms.

"DAVID!", she shouted and hugged him. I felt jealous, but im glad he's back.

"Im back, Cheska. You dont have to worry now. Everything will be fine."

Cheska wiped her tears, "I know. Thank you for saving my life three times in a row."

David smiled at her and gave her a knife, "Cheska, free our friends of their ties and leave this place at once. I'll take care of all of them."

"Not so fast!", shouted their leader but David was suddenly behind him and slashed his back. He roared in pain and went down.

"So you're the one killing our men huh?", asked Ryo. "No wonder we couldnt sense it right away. You stealth rat."

David swung his sword on his side and approached him, "Its over, Ryo. I have killed all the terrorists on the school. Only you remains. We shall settle this on the school atrium. What do you say of a fair duel?"

Ryo chuckled and withdrew both his swords, "You have gone too arrogant, ickle David. You will regret this. Fine. Lets go there so that everyone will witness your death."

David did the same and they glared at each other maliciously.

"Everyone! Go to the atrium so that you can watch how I kill this pig. Once it happens, I swear all of you will be killed as well. If I detect any of you going out of the school, im going to make all the C4's around the school explode. So dont you dare defy my orders. You are all still my hostages. This operation isn't over yet so dont be too comfortable. Go!"

Cheska cut out bonds and were now free.

"Will David be alright?", I asked Cheska.

We looked at him and she replied, "Of course he will. He never turned us down."

Mr. Villamore said, "David Lee. He truly is a hero. I have to apologize to him for everything I have done."

"Dad.", said Cheska as she hugged him. "I told you he's a very kind person. I am happy you finally recognize him."

Mr. Villamore happily nodded, "Yes, darling. Lets all go to the atrium now and watch a very great battle."