"Daddy." Mercy groaned.

"Nick, stop it." Demi growled at me.

"Stop what?"

Demi looked back at Mercy. "Mercy, I will be right back. I need to talk to your dad. Alone." She grabbed my arm & pulled me into the hall, then faced me, with an angry expression on her face. "You can not do this every time she gets her heart broke, Nick. You can't threaten every boy that makes her cry or you're going to get arrested. She's thirteen. She's going to get her heart broken so many times, over the course of her lifetime, it's ridiculous. Boys are going to hurt her. Boys are going to make her cry. It's inevitable. When she gets older, she'll get hurt by men." Demi stopped talking when I rolled my eyes & let out an aggravated sigh, since I didn't like what she was saying. "I know she's your daughter & I know you want to protect her, but you can't react this way. You need to listen to her, be a shoulder for her to cry on. You need to give her advice from a boy's point of view. You are the one man in her life that she will be able to depend on & you need to be there for her instead of threatening all these boys that she once cared about."

"I'm supposed to just sit back & listen?"

"Yes. This is the first boy that really broke her heart & made her cry. There are going to be countless more. How many girls have you made cry? How many have you hurt?"

 How many girls have you made cry? How many have you hurt?"

"What?" I asked, with a scowl.

"You have hurt girls, so how many?"

"I don't know. A few."

"I guarantee you've hurt more than a few." Demi retorted & I rolled my eyes. "It's a way of life."

I let out a soft chuckle. "I haven't hurt that many..."

"That you know of. Who do you think you've hurt?"

"I don't know... Olivia."

"You think Olivia was the only one?"

I shrugged my shoulders & looked away, since I was starting to get angry. "No, she wasn't. I know I hurt Miley."

"And Selena. And I'm sure you made Samantha cry at some point & Delta."

I snapped my head to look at her. "Okay, you made your point."

"