Chapter Five-I remember

Start from the beginning

“Yes, he wanted me out of the way and Matt was in on it all along” Shane said through gritted teeth.

Unexpectedly the door crashed open and a nervous looking Matt flung himself in, his words spilling out in a rapid haste “Dudeareyouokay? Youweren’tattheforestsoIcamehereWaitwhyisElizabethhere?”

“Dude again, but in English, so I can understand you” Shane was forcing himself to act normal

“Are you okay? You weren’t at the forest so I came as fast as I could and why is Elizabeth here?”

Shane got closer to Matt making them eye level with each other. “Well, Elizabeth is here because she just witnessed me being stabbed by Benedith. Oh and she also just saved me from dying. So in answer to your question Matt, I am okay” He said in a too clam voice. I just stood back observing the two.

   “Benedith? Why would Benedith be here?” He asked

“I don’t know you tell me” Matt just looked confused.

As fast as a bullet Shane punched Matt in the face knocked him down to the floor. Matt looked up at Shane whilst blood was silently dripping down his face. “It’s true what they say you know. You can never trust a warlock”

   Wait, did he just say warlock?

“You don’t understand! He threatened to kill my family if I didn’t do what he said” Matt shouted up to him. Shane picked him up by the collar and shoved him against the wall

“Then why didn’t you come to me!? I could have helped you! I’ve been through the same, but I would never have even dreamed of betraying my friends” He spat out in his face

“I didn’t know what to do! You know how powerful he is” Matt said urgently

“If it wasn’t for Elizabeth I would have been dead. She would have been taken away, do you know how awful that would have been for her; not knowing who she is, and being tortured to show her power, is that what you wanted!?”

 I was so confused, who would torture me? And what power?

“No of course not, I didn’t know what to do! I had no choice. I’m so sorry, you have to forgive me” He begged

“Everyone has a choice!” Shane screamed in his face. I’ve never seen Shane this angry, and it scared me.

 Without warning a recognizable voice spoke to me in my head, cutting off the boy’s argument. I listened to my dragon. “I think it’s about time you remembered Princess” Came the sincere voice

“You’re going to give me back my memoires?” I asked

“Yes, I think it is about time I gave them back. I am sorry Princess for keeping them from you; I kept them from you to protect you. There are people, who want to hurt you, and I thought, by keeping you in the dark it would help, but in truth it didn’t. I can’t hide you in the dark any more, and now you have to know who you really, truly are”

“Okay” I whispered

“You might feel a slight pain in your head, but that is okay, just do not lose concentration” He He told me.

Vivid images rapidly came flying in my head...

“Goodbye little sister, you were always going to be a horrible queen one day! And I’m doing everyone a favour, everyone shall love me now, now that you’re out of the picture, then I shall be next in line to the throne!”  

I was looking at my younger self being thrown into fire by a boy not much older than me, with dirty blonde hair-my brother.

“Mum! She’s in the fire, but she’s not doing anything, we have to go!” I heard him say below.

The front door opened and closed and I saw my mother and brother run away towards the park. Fire crackled beside me as I watched myself burning. It was a horrendous sight.

A window crashed open and my dragon swooped in, grabbed my younger self shoulders with his claws and flew out the wide broken window.

The image blurred away and another one was brought to me...It was me and Shane, he was shouting at me after we just had a science lesson:

“what the hell was that Elizabeth!?Why on earth would you keep your hand on that flame in front of everyone!?” She shouted at me.

Shane’s eyes widened, he looked behind me. I was cut off by someone clasping their dirty hand over my mouth. I saw myself turn around; a big ball of fire came out of my hands and hit-

Benedith...I was surged with pain after I heated up-“it was my power” I whispered to myself.

  The image was swooped away and was replaced by the day when me, Shane, Sarah and Matt went out

Shane was shouting at me again, when Sarah and Matt left. After I said he was an elf.

“What-what do you mean, I don’t understand”

“It doesn’t matter!” Shane lifted up his arm, I could see a swirl of air surging through his hand, he then threw the air at me. Knocking me out- Shane has the element power of air!

The same images came flooding back...

‘...Horrible queen one day!’

Being thrown into the fire. Saved by my dragon. Fire doesn’t hurt when I touch it.

I can control fire. Fire is my element. My brother and mother tried to kill me, they wanted to see if my power would show, but it didn’t. They left me there for dead.

I screamed loudly, I came back to reality. I was on the floor; Shane and Matt were sitting beside me, worried expressions on both their faces. I was sweating.

“I remember” I whispered