Chapter 13 - Get Closer To My Heartbeat

Hey, everyone! Here's chapter thirteeen. I really hope you enjoy reading it and if you do, please remember to vote, comment, and fan! I really appreciate it. (:

________________________________________________________________________________

“Thanks you for the help, guys. I’ll make it up to you. I promise.” Landon and Emily looked up at Fabian and I with annoyed faces, exhaustion evident in the little puffs of breaths they took. I couldn’t help but giggle at the giant blob of white foam in Emily’s curls. She narrowed her eyes at me and I coughed, hiding my laughs. With a cloth, I cleaned up the soapy thing.

“Sorry, Em.” I gave her a sheepish grin.

“Oh, you two! Look at what you made me and Landon do! That is so annoying, so not nice!” Emily seemed pissed as she fumed at Fabian and I, her golden curls bouncing as she jumped in fury, her face scrunched up in fury. As much as I was trying to look ashamed for the little girl it was just becoming impossible. How could I keep a straight face at a cute pissed-off little girl? I just wanted to mess up her hair with my hand, make weird sounds and strange contorted faces at her!

Toughen it up and be a woman, Mel!

“I’m so sorry, Em. We are sorry, Em.” I looked at D’Amato with a ‘come on’ face and he quickly jumped into action. The man had just been laughing at me! And no, his looks didn’t make up for anything.

“Right, Emmy. I’m really sorry. Will you forgive me?” Fabian asked the little girl while leveling himself to her eye level. The voice he had used was one I had never heard before... Sweet and softer than velvet or silk but thick as syrup. How would it be like to hear him whispering into my ears when there was no one around? If my heart could have sped up at the simply the sound of a specific voice then it had.

“I-It’s okay, Fabian.” Emily’s tiny face flushed red and her teeth shone bright in a smile. Aww, Emily has a crush on Mr. Heartthrob!

I saw him give her that dashing smile he had given me just minutes ago. I wanted so badly to see him direct that smile of his at me. 

Oh, God, no, Melinda. You’re acting like a total flucking wimp. Get yourself together!

“Alright, we have to get going.” I said, needing badly to get out of this confined space to clear my thoughts. It seemed my house become over-crowded in the past two minutes.

Fabian stood up from where he was and the from the direction in which he stood, he came face to face to me. His body only inches from mine. I looked up at him where he towered over me and my eyes searched frantically for something to do or say to get of where I was. 

“What are you thinking about?” He asks me. There was no trace of the voice he had used before but instead it was replaced by the one which normally had me weak at the knees. Husky, silky, and dominant over anything. His intense gaze on my face had me wanting to run away but there was the part of me that wanted to run into him. 

“Of how close you are.” I nearly flinched at my voice. It seemed a stranger, a woman, had taken my place and spoken with the same appealing voice he had used but in a feminine tone. What was he doing to me? Needless to say, I was scared shitless but not of him. Of myself. Of how I would react if he came any closer and closed the gap that separated our bodies.

I could get closer.” His words had my heart beat increase but that wasn’t the only thing that became incredibly stronger. My desire for the man who was feet away had become frighteningly, too much to bear. If I could only feel his lips... The lips that had become fuller as he spoke those honest words. His jaw was clenched and his features bold, showing me how much he meant what he had said.