Chapter 7 - Maybe I'm Imagining Things?

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE VOTE!!!

So, I really like this story and i hope you do too! Please let me know if you do my voting, commenting, and fanning! Thanks and enjoy! :D I know it's short but I'll upload soon. (:

_______________________________________________________________________________

I was going to volunteer today at Lori’s house and help her with the kids. yes, I was hungry and terribly sleepy but that seemed to leave when I had something productive to do.  

Let’s face it, I’m a witty, sarcastic, troubling seventeen year old girl that eats, sleeps, and breathes music. Yet, I forget I’m lazy when I see myself surrounded by twenty children like Landon. It awakens my senses and I feel the need to just help them and to hopefully reach out to them. 

That’s why I’m going over to Lori’s with my brother today. It was something I’d been doing since I turned fifteen.

I still had quite some time left until I’d have to pick up my brother so I decided to chill and have some fun with my life. 

I ran over to my favorite room in the house-the kitchen-and started to make myself a finger-licking, lip-smacking, mouth watering mound of food. 

In the cabinet that I had stocked with delicious food lay golden Oreos, ice cream sundae Pop Tarts, crackers, Chips Ahoy! cookies, Sour Patch and 100 calorie pretzels? Nah. Too healthy. 

I picked up a bit of everything and smudged it all into a large red Christmas tray.

“Oh shit, scrrrrrrr-umptious!” I sang. 

Damn, food makes me happy!

I plopped myself down on the couch and sprawled myself into a comfortable position. Now where’s the remote?  

Seriously? It’s on the table? This is why I always snug it in between the seats! It’s way easier to reach when I have such a perfect and comfortable pose. 

I groaned and completely screwed up my position then tried to get it back. It was not as good as before. 

With the remote, I searched Netflix for a movie to watch. I was definitely in the mood for a scary ass horror flick! 

I had found Scream which I had seen years ago. I barely remembered anything and decided to watch it again. 

“You dumb bitch! What the hell are you doing thinking your brave and walking through the house? Don’t you know you’re in a horror flick where you’ll get stabbed to death? Idiot!” I was screaming with Pop Tart pieces in my mouth at how stupid the blonde in the beginning of the movie was. 

No wonder she died first! The dumb thing! 

I was really mad at her too, she made me scream at her and now the pop tarts piece I had swallowed had barely touched my taste buds. Talk about a waste of perfectly good food. 

“No! What the fluck are you doing? You’re not tough, dude! Go back to your room!” I screamed.

This is why I can’t watch teen horror flicks. They’re aggravating and stupid! They might as well be categorized as comedy since they’re so retarded they make you laugh... And those characters just need some sense. And brains. Those ducks...

I found myself shaking my head halfway through the movie. The food was pretty much inside of me and I felt so stuffed I wanted to freaking explode but I loved the feeling. I loved knowing that the food had been so good that I had literally stuffed my face with it! Even if afterwards I just wanted to crap in a toilet. Ha-ha! I laughed at myself. 

I turned of the T.V and got up from the couch then grabbed what I needed before I went outside to pick up my brother from school.

***

“Hey there, buddy! How was school?” I ask my brother as I pick him up from his class. 

“Okay.” He sighed. Uh-oh. Not good. 

“What’s your teacher’s name again?” I ask.

“Jenkins.” She sounded creepy... I walked over to the middle aged woman that was surrounded by little children Landon’s age. 

“Hey, Mrs. Jenkins. I’m Landon’s sister and I want to know how he’s been doing lately.” I introduce myself. 

“Oh, hello. Well, he’s been good lately but I can’t say today was so good. He pulled a tantrum over the math classwork we were doing.” She seemed like a nice enough lady so I disregarded the creepy assumption. 

“Thanks. I’ll talk to him about it.” I told her.  

“Don’t take it so hard on him.” She smiled sympathetically. 

“I won’t. Nice meeting you.” I saluted. 

“You too.” Then I started to walk to Landon that was looking at the board and took his hand. 

“Come on, dude. Let’s go.” I smiled and ruffled his hair.

Could I blame my brother? No. I would have pulled the tantrum over math.

***

I parked up Lori’s driveway and saw a few cars. There always were a few of them in her house since I wasn’t the only one to volunteer.  

I helped my brother out of the car and took his hand then walked to the front door and knocked. It didn’t take much for her to open the door and hug the crap out of me. 

I hugged her back with as much force. 

“I’m so glad you’re here!” She smiled. 

“I’m so glad I’m here!” I did just as Lori did and she laughed.

“Come on in, Landon. Your friends are waiting and we’ve got some new cars in there!” She ruffled his hair and he ran inside. 

The two of us chuckled. 

Lori was a nice lady, about thirty five years old with dark brown hair and brown eyes. Her skin was a healthy peach color that I envied at times and she was an inch or so smaller than me. Overall, she was pretty and when she smiled it made people instantly happier. I knew from experience and Landon did as well. 

She was perfect for this job too since her personality was probably what gave her success. There’s no denying how hard this job is and you can’t be just anyone to really make it work. You need the gift and Lori’s got it. 

I walked inside with her and we stood in the entrance of her house having a quiet conversation over what Landon’s teacher had told me. 

“It’s nothing too bad really.” She says. “It’s normal for him to be worked up and pull a tantrum just about anywhere and for just about anything. You and I both know that. Besides, I know it’s the frustration math gives him.” She chuckles. “Both of you just suck at math.” She whispered and I laughed with her. 

“Your words can’t be any truer.” I chuckled.

Just after we finished our laughing and our conversation, I heard Landon scream. I nearly jumped half a foot in the air! 

“Hello!” He scram. 

I whipped my head in the direction of the scream. What had happened?  

The sight I saw froze me and kept me rooted to the spot. 

My breath caught in my throat and my eyes widened just about the same length as my mouth had. Then my heart leaped in my chest.  

This just can’t be possible. Maybe I’m imagining things? I rolled my eyes indiscreetly and mentally punched myself when I realized I wasn’t high and I wasn’t imagining things. I wanted to be though. I really hoped I had been unconsciously high and imagining weird things. But I wasn’t... 

Unfortunately, everything I saw in front of me was very real. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Let me know what you think! :D