Trouble

"Hello ms.waller"

"Good evening Ms.Waller"

"Loving the hair cut"

I smiled at everyone i walked passed trying to keep it short so i can get to the lab. Dont get me wrong everyone in here was lovely people but i only had one goal and just a linited anount of time. Swiping my key card in the slot i watch as the steel grey doors slide open with a wooshing noise. Running past the computers desk heart monitors and big screens, over to the freezer i open the door and see my biggest mistake. My parents in the block of ice i froze them in the same position theyve been in years ago.

"Hey you guys, i uh...miss you. Aunt amanda let me go on a mission finally, you both know how ive been ranting about it for years. Although i didnt go on good terms and she put a microscopic bomb in my neck for leverage- but anyways i havent spoke to her since i returned, shes been doing some things that make me...second guess her. Rick also was on the mission i learned amanda forced him to date me to gain control over my powers and forced him to cheat on me to help another woman" i begin telling them although they probably couldnt hear me.

"I met a guy his names floyd he has a 12 year old daughter i havent met her yet but i do know he does anything for her. He's sweet and he isnt into me because of amanda or by force. On the mission there was this witch i guess and she made a ice creature using my hand and then melted it, you guys know what that means? That i have the power to unfreeze you guys i just have to learn how. But ill do it ill practice everyday-all day if i have to. Im so sor-"

"Evangeline is that you?" I hear a high pitched masculine voice ask and i peek my head out of the freezer seeing dr.jones. He was my favorite doctor here, mainly because he worked with my dad back in the day but he also helped me with my powers and tried to find a way to undo it. "It is! Its good to see you again its been months" he smiles hugging me and i return it just as tight.

"Hey uncle j" i sigh inhaling the scent of his cologne with the slight scent of hand sanitizer mixed in. He wasnt my real uncle of course but he was a close family friend he might as well be my uncle.

"How about we get out of this cold freezer and i show you whats been going on around the lab" he says shivering and i laugh lightly nodding following him and i gently close the door after one last look at my frozen parents.

Walking passed the rushing scientist who were all trying to shut down the lab since it was closing hours i noticed how he looked around suspiciously as we quickly walked to his office before he shut and locked the office door and put a chair in-front of it. ignoring my curious glare he walked to his desk and sat down.

"uh...you want to explain what the locked doors and chair is for?" i ask curiously, "-besides this doesn't look like 'showing me around the lab' more like some sneaky shit." i say on guard for whatever he has planned. After being betrayed by Amanda I've been more skeptical about people i once trusted.

"evangeline just sit down we dont have much time. now i was doing some digging in your parents file since i learned something about you. the ice trait that gives you your powers has always been in your bloodline the faux cocaine that your mother took while pregnant with you just ehanced the cells to make your powers actually come out-" he says and i take a seat infront of him.

"so what youre saying is one of my parents has this ice gene in their bloodline?" i cut him off and he nods. "well if my mother had it when she took the drugs wouldnt it have counteracted her uh..ice cells and she'd be able to do this or know about it?" i question taking notes on a notepad.

"precisely, it couldve been assumed that it skipped and went into amanda, your aunt and her sister but it didnt so it isnt from her." he sighs going through his desk drawers.

"so what? its my dad?" i ask dumbly and he chuckles

"well unless you have a third parent then yes, but this isnt what i want to talk abo-"he begins again but i cut him off jumping out my seat.

"well can it be assumed the person who used me as a science experiment knew about this 'special trait', i mean why else would they do it, you dont do things like that just because?!" i raise my voice and he nods. this was alot to take in. this meant my dad knew more then he let on when i was younger, that could be why my mom was repulsed and my dad was actually happy when i told him. running a hand through my curls and over my face i sigh. this wasnt what i expected when i came to visit my parents.

"eva thats just that tip of the iceberg, when i was looking into your mothers past and files i found something, a bracelet. but not just any bracelet-" he begins but i roll my eyes as he holds it up.

"she probably stole it a long time ago" i snort rolling my eyes.

"no its actually a custom made bracelet she wore durring her criminal days, its a walkie talkie and gps. Im assuming it sent locations to another bracelet so i tried to see if any locations have been sent from to this but it hasnt in the weeks ive had it- once i found out that gps signals could be sent i hooked it up to my laptop and got one signal a week ago. The other person with this bracelet is in gotham before it could pin point an exact location the connection was lost." He sighs putting some manila folders, tapes, a casset player and the bracelett into a large lunch box and slides it over to me.

"I dont know what to say...thank you so much" i nearly cry. Even though i felt alone and completely confused half the time, he was always here with me, finding things out teaching me and helping me discover.

"Ill see you soon little one, now about this boy you found in belle reve...?" He trails off but i laugh running out his office, after getting pass his one chair baricade. Feeling my phone vibrate i look down seeing i had a call from an unsaved number. Usually i dont answer and this time was no different i reject the call until they call 3 more times.

"Whos this?" I answer only to hear sniffles and shuffling.

"H-hello?" A young girl whispers into the phone and i gasp.

"Z? Is this you, whats wrong whats happening hun?" I ask running towards the exit to get to rick.

"Please come get me...PLEASE" she begs through sobs and i feel my heart fall out of my chest as i hear thuds glass breaking and yelling.

"Z i need you to tell me whats going on so i can get you out of there" i panic getting in the car only to get a confused look from rick. I hear one last yell before the phone hangs up.

"Youre in trouble now, Zoe Lawton"