Lexi Rehab

Written 2012 by VeGirl

"I'm having a little problem with this new bond between the two of you." Stefan's eyes flickered between Damon and Lexi.

"If you think we're gonna be friends just because I got her back from the dead, think again," Damon snarled in a tone I hadn't seen him use against Lexi before.

"Yeah, forget it! I still remember that he's a self-serving psychopath," Lexi filled in.

"Or that she's a stuck up bitch that never has fallen for me, even though I have tried my best," Damon smirked, but the look they shared was hard to interpret; it said something else.

"Or that he locked me on a roof to burn in the sunlight!" Her voice had a sharp edge.

"Yeah, but the night was romantic!" he claimed with his usual smirk.
Had he set his aim for her as well? My jealousy surfaced and I did my best to put it back in oblivion again.

Lexi ignored Damon and walked right up to Stefan instead. "So, why don't you just open up and let it all in?" she asked blunt. He looked away and shrugged in his typical Stefan-way. "Look at me, I'm talking to you!" she said angrily.

He looked at her with anger. "You know why! All I can feel is pain and guilt!"

"Good!" she said matter of factly and continued calm. "We'll start there then."

He just glared at her.

"It's so good to see you again!" She threw her arms around him and we all saw him relax and wrap his arms around her in a tight hug.

"I never thought I'd see you again," we heard him say before we left them alone.

I looked at Elena, thinking about the jealousy I felt at Damon's words just a minute ago and I could see same hurt in her eyes. I put my arm around her shoulders and she looked at me puzzled at first, then she sighed and put her own arm around my waist and we left. We sat down out on the back patio, by the kitchen.

"Elena, I am still here for you, even if I have stopped making passes at you," Damon added with a wicked smile.

She looked a bit surprised at first, but smiled. "Thank you Damon," she said and looked down with a smile. "And thank you Emma." She always had such a flirty smile, even now in her time of sadness.

I gave her a hug. "I'm here as well, at least until we're going back to Sweden." Anna and I looked at each other and I could tell she didn't want to leave either. "And then I'll be just a phone call away, you have my number, right."

She nodded with a sad look.

"You're not going anywhere! Stop with all this doom and gloom!" Damon said hard, not wanting to think about it either.

"Well it's not like I can stay, no green card and my visa only last so long," I blurted out.

Damon, who sat on my other side, pulled me in for a hug. "Then I'll turn you and we do whatever we like."

"Damon!" Elena yelped.

"What? It's not like you've never thought about it," he barked in her face.

"I especially had to think about it when you fed me your blood right before the sacrifice."

"Calm down, the two of you!" I raised my voice. That's when we heard rumble inside the house. We were all silent and heard Stefan and Lexi yell at each other.

"Yes, you always say that," Lexi yelled. "Leave me alone!" she was mocking him. "But you're my friend and I will never leave you alone. See, here I am, even after death!"