Feeding the humans

Written 2012 by VeGirl

Next day we decided to take a trip down to the Grill when it was time for us girls to eat. Yes, I was persistent to adressing us as the girls instead of the humans...

Matthew was working the tables and that was fun; he was one of the few I hadn't met during my first two weeks in Mystic Falls. He came up to us and Elena and he shared a confident smile before he kissed her cheek. My eyes flickered to Stefan and he caught it. I gave him a genuine reassuring smile and saw his tension ease up.
It was obvious that Matt was one of the friends that had been there for Elena, when Stefan wasn't.

"Hi Emma, thanks for the dance the other day," Matt said and kissed my cheek as well.

I looked surprised at him and my eyebrows puckered a bit. "At the party?" I asked. "You were there?" I tried to sound and look apologetic and he laughed and smiled the most charming smile. "A lot of people and a lot of booze..."

"You were hammered!" He really had a flirty look when he smiled and I wondered why not all the girls were already fighting to put their trademark on him.

I laughed a little and admitted that I had suffered severe consequences the morning after. He laughed and said that so did he.

Anna was introduced and we got ourselves a table.

"I don't remember Matt being at the house, was I really that drunk?" My eyes flickered between Damon, Elena and Stefan and the three of them cracked a smile. "Yeah, you were drunk." Elena laughed and I hid my face in my hands.

"Did I do something stupid?" I asked embarrassed.

"No!" Stefan assured. "I think the lap dance you gave me was cute."

My head snapped up and my mouth fell open, but I realized soon it was just a joke. "Really funny!" I snapped sarcastic.

"I thought it was funny," Stefan said and shared a smug look with a smiling Damon. I smacked Damon on the arm and caught Anna's look.

"How did you get to know these people?" She was once again in awe. "They don't even exist!" She hissed.

"I don't know!" I shrugged with a look to emphasize that I really had no idea. "It wasn't me, it was him," I said with a nod to Damon. "He just grabbed me and then I was grounded at the house, not allowed to leave his sight."

Anna stared at me and then at the others. Elena nodded. "Yes, I think that's actually the truth."

Damon had a smug grin on his face.

"We were sitting here in the Grill, when he came in with an arm around her neck." Stefan ran almost a frame-by-frame recap. "We were sure she was just another compelled value-meal, but then she started with her fainting spells." He kept his voice down and shrugged his brows at the last comment.

"Okay, okay! Here endeth the history-lesson of disgrace," I snapped with an indignant look.

We ordered something to eat and afterwards we headed off to the pool table.

"Boys against girls?" someone suggested.

"You mean the humans against the vampires?" Damon whispered. Elena and I looked at each other and sighed, we would definitely loose.
"Mixed teams!" We exclaimed.

The boys snickered and Damon went over to Elena, and Stefan joined Anna and me. We started the game with jokes and laughter, but after a while Damon was trying to instruct Elena... eh... very close. I felt jealousy exploding in me and gritted my teeth.
Damon's eyes flickered to me immediately and I realized that he had heard it. Dammit! He quirked one of his eyebrows and tilted his head with a challenging smile. I tried to look like that never happened.

The moment had gone right pass Elena who were totally ignorant and so was Anna, but when I met Stefan's look, it was as dark as mine. We exchanged a look that screamed revenge and a smirk was on its way, but then it all went out the door and we seemed to think; Oh no, were not gonna play that game. The smile that instead spread in both our faces was sincere, honest and supportive.

I actually managed to step up and focus on the game at hand. A few balls went down and the three of us high-fived each other and laughed at our success. Yes, of course we won.

Anna got cocky and was teasing Damon really hard; he of course got even. At the same time I was glad that Anna had gotten over the shock of ending up in this alternate-reality, I didn't enjoy the cocky attitude of hers.

Eventually I got tired of their bickering.

I thought this was going to be the best time ever; I had the love of my adult existence here and I had my best friend ever. Anna and Damon was getting on each other's nerves, she was a little too cocky for his taste and they kept arguing.

"Don't be such a psychopath!"

"Well, consider this psychopaths feelings hurt."

"Knock it off!" I snapped, they turned and looked surprised at me. "You're ruining my time here."

They looked surprised at me, as if I didn't get they were just joking.

"What? You're not the only one who gets to be cocky around here! You know I win that battle!" Anna barked at me, and I knew she was right.

~~~ Authors Note ~~~

It's always nice to know what you think about it.

Please enjoy! / VeGirl

.