Chapter 7 - You again?

Start from the beginning

"Shame, you would do pretty well" he smirks.

I blush a bit. "Grayson, I wasn't that good." I shake my head.

"Jessy, I'm not lying. You were so good gurl!" He says in a girly accent.

"Shut up, I don't sound like that." I say, rolling my eyes.

Why am I acting so weird? I never act this way, I've known this kid for an hour and I already have a soft spot for him.

The bell rings for lunch.

"Hey, you want to swing by my table at lunch? You should meet my friends." Grayson says throwing his bag over his shoulder.

"Really? I mean, yeah, of corse." I say.

"Cool, see you then, Di Nezio" he says, in an Italian accent. He's the first person to say my last name correctly the first time, without making it sound like a donkey sneeze.

He smiles, as he walks out the door.

I sigh. He's so-

Suddenly, reality hits me and I realise what I'm doing.

Tf, I sound like a girly teenager at a slumber party. I say to myself shaking the thought out of my head.

< 🥀 >

I walk into the cafeteria room, searching for Grayson.

Out of the blue, I see a guy with golden brown hair and a smile brighter than my future pop up out of nowhere.

I walk up to him, holding my food tray.

"Hey" I say, trying to sound as sweet as possible.

Grayson turns to me. "Hey!" He smiles.

"Oi, guys, this is a... Friend of mine, Jessy" Grayson introduces me, to the rest of the group.

"Hey I know you, your the chick who got into that punch up with Lillian." A boy says. He has dark brown hair and brown eyes.

"Yeah..." I say.

"Oh yeah that's right!" Another boy says. "Good on you" he smiles. He looks the exacted same as Grayson, that must be the twin he was talking about.

"Hey Jessy" a familiar voice says. It's Julia.

"Oh hey Julia" I smile.

"You know each other?" The guy with the dark brown hair says.

"Yeah, she helped me out the day of, you know, the Lillian thing." I say, smiling at her, as I sit beside Grayson.

"Okay, before we go any further. That's Ethan my twin brother, Alex, Cameron, Brooke and Adriana." Grayson says pointing to each person.

"What are you wearing to the party?" Brooke, the girl with dirty Autumn hair and freckles, asks.

"I don't know, cause I'm not going in the first place" i laugh.

"Oh no your going" Adriana, with the dark skin and chocolate brown frizzy hair, says.

"But-"

"Sh-sh-sh you going. Me and Brooke are going to pick you up at 9:30 tonight. Be ready," Adriana says biting into her sandwich.

"Oh, okay" I say. I'm just gonna have to sneak out of the house without my parents knowing. I'm sure this party won't be too bad, it'll be fun.

"Hey babe, can you come with me, I need help with something" Julia says, placing her hand on Grayson's shoulder.

Babe? I think to myself.

"Okay, give me a sec" Grayson says kissing her cheek.

For some reason, my stomach feels sick, it feels like I've just been punched again.

When they both leave the table, I can't help but watch them walk together, holding each others hands.

"Julia's dating Grayson?" I ask.

"Yeah they just got into a relationship a month ago." Cameron says, eating his chips.

"Aren't they cute" Brooke squeals.

"Ahh" I stutter. "Yeah, so cute"