A Bird On The Hand

A/N: So during this chapter, I was listening to Little Mix's new album Salute and I have fallen in love with it. But one song that has really spoke to me when writing was Nothing Feels Like You  and They Just Don't Know You. They have to be my favorite songs on the album, and it fit with how Zayn and Krysta feel? If you have listened, do you agree? Anyway, enjoy this chapter. It is a double update today because I was inspired, you could say!

Recap:

Krysta is awake and okay! She pretended to be asleep when Zayn came into the room fearing that it was her parents. When she was about to 'wake up' her mother comes in and starts yelling at Zayn for being there. Zayn refuses to leave and tries to throw Krysta's parents off by kissing her, but was then thrown off when Krysta starts kissing back. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krysta's P.O.V.

"What do you think you are doing with..with..HIM?" my mother screamed at me after my and Zayn's little show. 

"What do you ever mean mother?" I asked through my teeth while trying to sit up. I was still weak and sore and Zayn noticed and helped me get up. He really is nothing that I thought he would be. He has really proven me wrong with every rumor of him that I have heard at school and around town. 

"Get your hands off my daughter!" my mother yelled at Zayn again. I looked over to my dad and gave him a look like 'will you please tell her to back off?' 

He didn't get the picture.

"Krysta tell him to leave and that you never want to see him again." My mother demanded.

"No." I said a little above a whisper.

"What was that?" she asked. Her voice has softened, but I know that she is still fuming.

"No." I said louder. I noticed that Zayn was still holding my hand when he gave it a slight squeeze as to say that he wasn't leaving.

"I'm sorry. One more time. I don't think I heard you right." She tried to get me to change my answer, but I wasn't backing down. Zayn may be the cause of my external injuries that she can see, but she was the cause of my internal ones that no one ever sees. 

"I said NO. Did I mumble, Mother?" I know I was in deep now, but I was done with her and her controlling ways. She has done nothing but control my life since the day  I was born, and now I was breaking free. She looked at me like she was shocked at my words, but she had them coming. She looked over at my father to try and get him to say something to get me to come home with them and leave Zayn, but he stayed silent. As usual.

"Krysta, you don't know what you have gotten yourself into. You are going to give your life and future away to this boy and then he will leave you once he has finished preying on you. And you will have no where to go because you will not be able to come home. So don't come crying to me when he breaks your heart." She says with the straightest face that I have ever seen. I couldn't take it anymore. I was about to completely flip on her when Zayn stood up and started yelling at her. 

"What makes you think I am 'preying' on her. You know nothing about me or my intentions with your daughter. She is the greatest thing that has come into my life and I never want her to leave." He stepped as close to her as possible while still holding my hand. Did he really mean that. Does he really think I am the greatest thing to happen to him? Does he really never want to leave me? All of these questions were filling my head and overwhelming me when I heard my father talk for what seems like the first time in years.