The Next Morning

Recap:

Krysta and Zayn are in the hospital from a terrible crash. Krysta's parents came to see her but left after a heated argument between the four of them. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Morning

Zayn's POV:

I woke up to see Krysta was gone. She wasn't in the bed with me anymore. What if they took her away? What if she went into shock again? What if she is hurt? I shot up in a panic until I heard the sound of running water. I looked over towards the door to see that the bathroom door was shut. I called out for Krysta. 

"Krysta?"

"I'll be just a minute" she yelled back. A wave of relief hit me when I realized that she was okay and still in the room. How did she get up by herself? How did she not wake me? I sat there questioning myself the whole time until I heard the door open. She walked out, still in that hospital robe thing. She was still attached to her IV and dragged it around with her. She stopped and stared at me before she got back into the bed.

"What's the matter?" 

"Oh nothing, I was just trying to figure out what you were thinking about" she said with a smile. It was so nice to see her smile after all that we have been through, after all she has been through in the last 24 hours. The color is back in her face now. Her cheeks red, lips pink, and you could even see the small freckles that ran across her nose. 

"I was just putting the past 24 hours together and trying to make sense of it all. Who would have thought that just from me telling you to get in my car that it would have brought us all the way here. Well not here the hospital but here as in like us...?" Zayn questioned. He didn't know what he was saying, all he knew was that for some reason he liked this girl and he didn't know why or how she liked him. It's not like she was using him to get back at her parents, she would have pushed me put a long time ago after what I did to her if it was just for revenge. But here I was, sitting in a hospital bed watching as this beautiful girl climbed into the bed next to me and got as close as she possibly could. 

"And what is us?" she asked. Her head was low so I could't see, but I could feel her face getting warm against my chest. 

"I'm not entirely sure yet. To be honest." What were we? What did she think was going to happen from here?

"Oh..." I could hear her sigh. I reached down and gently put my hand under her chin and slowly pulled her face up so she was looking at me, careful enough not to hurt her more.

I looked deep into those blue blue eyes and spoke quietly to her. "All I know is that I am never leaving your side. And you can count on that" I saw the smile quickly grow on her face and I bent down to kiss her. It was just a small kiss, but I know it meant a lot to her, because it meant a lot to me. 

We laid there for what seemed like forever in silence. Listening to all the sounds around us. Then all the sudden there was a knock on the door.

"Hello?" We heard the voice and both quickly sat up looking over towards the door. "How you doing  sweetie?" The nurse asked. 

"A lot better thank you. Thank you for everything" Krysta answered. 

"I see you got yourself some company. Who is this young man?" The nurse asked. 

"Well, this is Zayn. This is the boy I was with when I came here."

"Oh yes. I heard a lot about him." She said with a quiet voice. What does she mean she's heard a lot about me? I have never seen her before in my life. "Heard he followed you all the way here and wouldn't leave your side until he knew you were safe. Is that true?"

"Well yes. But now I'm here because I just don't want to leave." I answered this time.

"I am happy to see you are both doing fine. Now, I have some visitors for you, if you would like any more company."

"Is it my parents?" Krysta asked with a worried expression.

"Oh no, they seem to be around your age, I can tell them to go if you want."

"No, please, let them in." Krysta said almost relieved. Her parents are the last people she or I want to see right now. 

"Alright, I'll go get them. Be right back." She said with a smile and shut the door behind her.

"I wonder who it is, and who would know I am here?" She asked me while sitting up. 

"I don't know." I answered. But after I said it, I thought about the call I made last night, what if it was Natalie and Niall? What will happen if Natalie sees me here with her still. I started to worry and then there was a knock on the door. 

----------------------

A/N: Sorry its been a while, but hope you like the update. I don't know how often I will be able to update but I will do my best to keep it going for you guys!!