Chapter 4

Zane POV
-------------------
Why do all Alpha offices have to be sound proof? Why can't we hear what she is saying? Doesn't she realize it affects us as much as her? She probably doesn't want people she doesnt know hear about it. Why can't we hear what she is talking about?" I say pacing outside the door.

"It could be too personal for us to hear about right now and she will probably tell us later when she feel that the time is right." Sam says.
"Well she better hurry up and tell us soon." I said noticing that Rilo and Ryker are pacing back and forth. "What are you so worried about?"
"How are we suppose to protect our mates if they are protecting her?" Rilo asks.

"Why are you so concerned on who she tell's?" Daniel asks.
"Well it affects us on what happens and we should at least be able to know what is going on." I say.

"You sure it isn't anything else?" Sam asks.
"What else could it be? I don't feel like being stuck in between all of this."
"Did someone find their mate today?" Sam mutters.

The door opened finally and we were told we could go in. It took them long enough. How long could something that personal take.
-----------------------------
Faith's POV
-----------------------------
"Where is Xan?" I ask looking around the room just after the jerk and his friend's come in.
"He is patrolling the grounds at the momment." Dex
"Doesn't he need to know about this at least since he is your third in command?"

"I thought that Xan was your second in command?"
"No. Why would you think that?"
"I don't know but then if he isn't then who is?"
"None of your damn business." I growl.
"I wasn't asking you." Zane growls back.
"Well you were directing it at me."
"Your not the second in command."
"The hell I am, Xander is the third in command and I'm the second."

"Shut up both of you! Who my second command does not deal with what the problem is right know."
"What exactly are we here for?"
"We need help protecting Faith."
"Why can't your pack protect her?"
"Its bigger than it seems apparently."
"What do you mean by that?"
"Someone is after me."
"Do you know who?"
"Someone my dad signed a deal with and tried to break the deal."
"So they are after you now? Why now not then?"
"I don't know he just said he would find me when I turned seventeen."
"Who will find you when you turn seventeen?"
"I don't know."
"How do you not know who is after you even after you seen them?" Zane said while growling a little.
"He never told me who he was and I didn't have time to figure out who he was! I was dealing with the fact that my mother was dead right in front of me with her head chopped off. What would you have done if that happened to you?"

"Silence"

"Ya that's what I thought. You wouldn't know what to do."
"Faith are you okay?" Ness asks.
"Ya I'm fine. Dex I'm going out." I say leaving not even waiting for him to answer me.

"Wait!" I heard someone say. I turned around and seen Liya and Ness running after me.
"Your definitaly not okay." Liya said.
"Yes I am. Why can't anyone just leave me alone for once?"
"Because we know your not okay. You may seem like you are but your not. At least know that we are here for you."  With that said Liya and Ness left me alone in the forest.

"Faith get back in the house now." Dexter says in my head.
"No. I need to be alone for awhile."
"Dammit Faith get in the house now! Xander middle left border! NOW!" Dexter ordered in his alpha voice.
"What are you talking bout?"
"Rogues."

"Shit" I said out loud.
"You have that right little girl" Someone said behind me.
"Double shit!" I said louder. "I need backup now!" I yell mind linking Dexter.
"Dammit Faith I told you to get in the house! Why didn't you?"
"I was on my way but---" I say but was cut off from being attacked by a rogue.
"Dammit Faith!"
"Shut up and get someone over here now! There's too many here." I say while moving out of the way of the attack rogue.
"How many near you? Where are you at?"
"Far right border Dammit they keep showing up. I'm counting bout 20 right now."
"Okay Zane, a few others and me are on our way."

"What they hell do you want with us." I ask aloud.
"You little girl." The one rogue that attacked me.
"Well your not gonna get me." I say taking off. Someone pushed me down from behind. "Stay down and don't move." The wolf growls. I don't think I'm gonna listen to a wolf that I don't know so I started struggling to get free. "Stop struggling god dammit!" The wolf growls again.
"Let me up now!" I yell at the wolf while turning my head to see a rogue about to attack us. Damn this wolf is strong, even stronger than me.
The wolf finally got off me to kill the rogue but attacked me once again making me fall after I got up.

"Dexter get this damn wolf off me now!"
"Just stay down and let Zane protect you." Dex says calmly.
"What the hell does he think he is doing by protecting me while the rogue's keep trying to attack me?"
"They are almost gone."

"Get off me you damn wolf before I chop off your baby maker." I say to the wolf A.K.A. Zane. He wimpered but got off to finish off the last rogue. "Thank god!" I yell. "If you ever attack me again you won't have your damn baby maker got it mutt!" He just growled. "I'm going home now don't follow me." I say walking off.

About half way home I hear a twig snap behind me. "Did you think you could rid of me that easily little girl?" The same rogue that I thought I killed said.
"What the hell do you want with me?"
"Nothing really. Just for you to mate with our alpha's son."
"Well what if I don't want to be someone's mate or luna?"
"Well then your out of luck because you have no choice."
"Well then could you give me a week to at least to get all my stuff together and and explain to everyone that I'm  leaving?"
"I'll ask my alpha but if you aren't ready in a week then we will attack again. We won't be forgetting to bring you with us." He says walking away.

Finally back at the house I go upstairs to take a shower and change. I am stopped by Dexter and Zane. Wonder when they became buddy buddy?

"Faith can we talk to you in my office now?" Dex asks.
"Can I take a shower first?"
Dexter ignoring Zane looks at me strangely."Ya sure. We will be waiting in my office so take a quick one."
"Okay I'll be down in 10." I say walking off.
-----------------------
10 minutes later
-----------------------
Walking into the office I can hear them arguing about something.

"Let her pick." Zane says
"She almost got killed. I can't take a second chance."
"Well it should be her choice where she stays."
"Why are you so worried about her wants or doesn't want's?"
"It is her life that we are talking about."

"Well thanks for being so concerned about my want's and don't wants but what are we talking about?" I ask.
"I can't take a chance of you getting killed if there is a second time."
"Well there will be a second time if I'm not still here in a week." I say sarcastically but serious at the same time.
"What do you mean by that?" Dex asks while Zane growls.

"What the hell dude?"
"You aren't going anywhere's without me protecting you."
"Well thanks mister overprotective dog." Zane growls. "What the hell is with you and growling? Just shut up. What I do is none of your business."
"It has everything to do with me since I have to help protect you."

"Shut up both of you. You both act like cat's and dog's. I wouldn't be surprised if ya'll ended up being mates."
"I don't think that will happen because I already have a mate."
"What the hell do you mean by that?"
"Well let's see in less than a week they're gonna attack and take me with them. Have me mate with the alpha's son. So what is the point of even thinking about having a mate when mine is already picked since my dad decided to sign that contract? There isn't away out of it unless we fight and I highly doubt that they will give up after a few meezilly attempts." I say.