His large hand held my small one, as I looked down at it. I play with the ring on his ringer, smiling a little at the fact that he got us matching rings. Cliche, but cute.

The whole car ride was silent, only with a few occasional "I'll miss you"s and "I love you"s.

After a little while longer, I see the airport from a distance now, and suddenly I feel like puking. I'm not ready to leave New Jersey, and I'm especially not ready to leave Ethan.

My dad parks the car in front of the airport, letting out a sigh, knowing I'm not going to be happy. He gets out of the car first, going around it to get our luggage's out. He puts them on the sidewalk next to the parked car, before knocking on the window, indicating I should get out now.

I sigh, opening the door, Ethan and myself stepping out.

"Come inside after, Ill be waiting," my dad says, carrying his luggage's into the airport. I nod, rubbing my arm from the chilliness of the New Jersey weather. Adding that to my list of things I'll miss.

I hear Ethan sigh, before saying, "Carter, I love you. And I'm sorry for not saying that sooner. I didn't realize how much time I had left. But now you're leaving, and I don't want to believe that it's real, although it is," his eyes tearing, "I know I'll see you again, okay?" I nod, not saying much, pressing a long kiss to his lips.

"I promise I'll come back," he nods, holding me tightly in his embrace.

As much as I wanted to stay here, with Ethan, things had to eventually end, when my father came out to tell me to hurry things up, because we'd miss our flight. I nod, sadly, not wanting to leave.

A tear sheds through my eyes, as I pulled away from Ethan. "I'll see you later, alligator," I give him a peace sign, something we always do, and say.

"Not by a mile, crocodile," he gives me a small smile, waving as I slowly walked toward the entrance.

"Don't get caught in a blizzard, you fancy lizard," I say. He chuckles, along with myself.

"I love you," he mouths.

I lightly smile at him, before disappearing through the crowds of the airport.

I meet my dad, sitting on a chair, waiting for me. "Come on, we've got to go," he says, pulling me along with him.

I lazily follow my father where ever he went, not caring about anything right now.

After doing all our airport things, like luggage check and stuff, we went to board our plane. Now, normally in cliche movies and stuff, the guy would yell out the girls name right as she was about to board the plane, making her stop.

And wanting that to happen, I look around, trying to find any sight of that boy, but obviously this isn't a movie.

I sigh, following my father onto the plane, and soon enough, we're taking our seats in the coach section of the plane.

"Are you exited?" He asks, once we've gotten comfortable.

"No, dad. I'm not exited. I'm devastated," I lean my head back onto the cushion of the seat.

"Carter, I'm sorry. But you're my daughter, there's not much I could do," he says.

"Yeah, well, you haven't been a great father for the past seven years. Ignoring your daughter, not picking her up when she's lost in the middle of the night, and doesn't know where she is. All I wanted was a loving family, and you couldn't even give me that. My family is here," I say, looking out the window, where the plane has yet to fly off.

He sighs, "Carter, I promise that in Australia, I'll be the best father I could be. After mother died, I lost all hope. I really loved her. And if your family is here, then you may visit whenever, but just know that you can only do so when you're an adult and you don't need me anymore,"

"I know,"

"Good,"

"Yeah," I mumble, "it's all good." I lean my head on the plane seat, dozing off into a deep sleep.

__________

END OF CHAPTER NINETEEN
Unedited

the book is almost done, but tell me, should I make a sequel after it's finished?

See ya later ✌🏻