three

I park myself in the driveway of the Dolan household. I check the time.

3:04PM

I open the car door, and make my way over to the house. I ring the doorbell, and hear some shuffling behind the door. Ethan opens the door, mid - getting ready.

"You aren't even ready yet?" I laugh. "No shit." He says in a hurry. "Well, you better hurry, it's already almost 4." I tell him. "What?!?" He picks up his phone checking the time. "Very funny Carter." He says throwing a pillow at me. I laugh.

I sit comfortably on the couch, while I wait for Ethan to get ready. He runs up and down the stairs, mumbling some words on the way.

"Let's go." He finally says. He grabs his keys, and opens the door for me. I walk out, and skip my way to his car. I open the door to the passenger seat, and get into the car.

He gets into the car, and starts the ignition.

RING RING

Ethan's phone rings, and he picks up. "Hello?" He says. I hear some talking in the back, but it doesn't sound like a guy. It sounds like a girl. "Mhm." He replies to whatever she said. "Yeah, the one by Lincoln road.... okay, see ya." He hangs up. He puts his phone in his pocket, and back up on the driveway.

"Who was that?" I ask. "Lacey. She said she wanted to come." He replied. "So, you told her we were going to the mall?" He nods. "Does she know it's only guys, ha." I snicker. "Well, you're going." He says with attitude.

You know, I'm starting to think he likes this Lacey girl. He has her number, he invited her to hang out with his friends— which he never does unless he likes someone. But I don't count, okay? I'm his bestfriend.

And he also always talks to her. She's lucky. He is very hot. Yes, I admit. My bestfriend is super good looking.

We arrive at the mall, and Ethan haven't gotten off his fucking phone. He's just texting and texting. If it's Lacey I'm gonna beat her ass— wait. Why would I do that? Ha.

We— or should I say, I see Ethan's friends waving for us to come over to where they are. If you're wondering, yes. They are my friends too. They just aren't my bestfriend. We've got, Grayson, Cameron [Dallas], Aaron, and Kendall. They're all super nice to me. Considering I'm a girl.

"Hey guys." I say cheerfully as I walked up to them. Ethan was still trailing behind me, texting or some shit. Basically ignoring my presence. Why am I so bothered by this?

"Hey Carter." Aaron and Kendall say together at the same time. "Wassup kid." Cameron comes in for a hug, in which I just stand still. "I'm not a kid." I scoff. "I was just joking." He says as he laughs. "I know, Cam."

"Hey Gray." I give him a wave in which he returns. Ethan finally reaches the group, and tells everyone we have to go to Forever 21 to meet his 'friend'. Some complain, but some just shrug it off. Okay, I hate clothes shopping. Sometimes it ain't bad, but other than that, clothes shopping is boring. Unless your doing something fun during it.

Long time ago, Ethan and I were running throughout this same mall, all around, and in other people's ways. It was so fucking fun. We got banned for two weeks, but it was worth it.

a/n: lol I've actually done this, I just wasn't banned. we were stopped by a security guard.

We walk through the doors of Forever 21, and Ethan spots Lacey. "Hey Lacey!" Ethan calls. She brings her attention from these denim shorts, to us. A big smile on her face as she walks toward us. "Hey Ethan!" She says hugging him. She holds onto Ethan's side as he introduces us to her.

He goes down the line, then he introduces me. "And this is Carter." He points to me. I wave at her friendly. "Yeah, we've met. Gonna go fuck some hookers?" She says in this sassy ass attitude. "Woah, there." Cameron steps in.

I have this confused look on my face. What the fuck did I do to her? Besides be sarcastic. Other than that, I'm innocent. I sigh. "Let's just go." I mumble to Cameron. He nods, and walks out of the store- me following, where we see the other three guys waiting there for us.

"What's wrong with you?" Grayson asks me. I sit down on the couches that are in the middle of the hallway. "I hate girls." I mumble. Grayson was gonna say something when Ethan and Lacey came out of the store, holding hands, may I add. What's wrong with me? Am I jealous? I can't be. But I just feel like she doesn't deserve someone as good as Ethan.

We walk into some other stores, and because the boys actually wanted to buy clothes, I went and wandered by myself for a little while. I needed some time to think. Think of why I'm not comfortable with Lacey and Ethan hitting it off.

I walk around a little more when I find myself staring at a fountain. I remember this fountain. I look up to see a second level with a railing, so you could see the fountain from up there. I remember freshmen year of high school, Ethan had a girlfriend. He said to come to the mall with him that day cause I'd be fun. But I just ended up being a third wheel.

I remember discovering this fountain because I'd never been this far into the mall at that time. I stood on the second floor, and leaned against the railing, looking at the flow of the water. I held in my tiny freshmen hands a penny. To make a wish of course.

I threw the penny from the second floor. Which to me, makes it a bigger chance of coming true. You wanna know what I wished for? I wished that day,

'that no girl can ruin Ethan and I's friendship.'

_____

there's chapter 3 for y'all.

-j