nine

"Do you have everything? Will you be safe? Is it just your friends? Will there be alcohol?" Alda gushes out questions as I'm standing in front of the door with my bag for the weekend that we're spending at the cabin.

I love how Alda and Henry care for me. They're honestly one of the highlights of my life. Besides being rich, and having amazing friends. But once in a while, I'd like to have, you know, family.

"I have everything, I will be safe, yes it's just my friends, and no there is no alcohol." I let out a light chuckle.

"Okay. I love you, Valentina. Be safe okay?" I nod, pulling her into a hug.

A car horn honks outside our house, indicating me that my friends were here, and I should hurry my ass up. I pull out of the hug, saying goodbye to Alda, and walk over to the car.

Cameron sits in the drivers seat, Aaron in the passenger, Lexi and Grayson are sitting in the middle seats, Lacey and Ethan in the back.

I open the door, taking a seat next to Lexi in the middle seat. "Hey guys. Let's go," I tell them, buckling my seatbelt.

We drive in a comfortable silence, music playing lightly throughout the car.

-2 hours later-

"We're here!" Aaron says, parking the car next to the cabin. Cameron got tired after an hour of driving, so Aaron took over.

I look over at Lexi and Grayson all cuddled up. And back at Ethan and Lacey, who are rubbing the sleep out of their eyes.

I didn't sleep the whole ride, because it's literally just two hours.

I open the door and step out, taking my bags and such out with me. Everyone files out of the car also; Lacey walking up to the door first to insert the key, and open the doors for us.

"Alright, everyone pick your rooms, there's two rooms down the hall with two beds and another room across from it with three beds." Lacey tells us.

Cameron and Aaron take a room with two beds, Grayson and Lexi take the other, leaving Ethan, Lacey, and myself in the room with three beds. I enjoy how everyone has their own bed, but it seems like some people would like to share one.

If you know who I'm talking about.. *cough* Grayson and Lexi *cough*

We all put our stuff in the rooms we're sleeping in, and decide to swim in the lake right next to the cabin.

It was 6pm, and the sun was setting. The sun melting into a perfect combination of pink and orange and a light hint of yellow.

We all walk out of the cabin, making our way to the lake where the sun set reflects onto the water.

"Why don't we just skinny dip? I mean, no ones around." Cameron gestures his hands, showing theres no other houses around, a big grin on his face.

I shrug my shoulders. I've skinny dipped before, and I'm not uncomfortable with my body, so why not.

"Are you insane? Skinny dipping? Really?" Lacey tells him.

"I mean why not," I shrug once again.

"Why not? If you haven't noticed Carter, there's boys here-- more boys than us, and skinny dipping could give you diseases!"