nineteen

AHH!!! 5K VIEWS AND 200+ VOTES NO WAY
AGSJDLAL

also, I think the song would be good for the airport part, but idk. you could try it if you want to.

"Ten more minutes, Carter," my dad holds ten fingers at me, before walking toward the door to talk to the moving men.

I nod, playing with the ring on my finger, as I sat on the large marbled stairs. I don't know how it works, but the moving men are bringing our things to Australia with us while we're on the plane.

Ethan gave me this ring earlier today. It's basically a promise ring, but not really. A promise that we'll always have a place for each other in our hearts, even though we may love other people in our lives.

For seventeen years, my life has had its ups and downs. Some downs being the horrible thunderstorms that occurred when I was scared of them, or the fights my parents would get into late at night. The break ups, the injuries, the stupid events I had to attend. When my mother had died.

But all those are made up when I think of the ups throughout my crazy life. Like scuba diving in Florida when I was eight, or getting a phone when I was twelve. When my parents read me a bedtime story before bed, or when I went paint balling with Ethan. The cabin we went to, the friends I've made, the time we got banned from a mall. And even the time we skinny dipped.

The time at the cabin where we all sat on this large black couch, talking and watching a movie with the fire on, made me really happy. I enjoyed every moment of it because I got to spend time with my second family. I got to laugh and smile. I'll certainly be missing that.

It's really upsetting how I'm leaving all these great people, and these great memories.

But, I'll surely make more in Australia. Right?

My dad walks up to me telling me we've got to hurry and go, before we miss our flight.

This is it. I'm actually moving, and this isn't a dream at all. This is reality, but oh boy do I wish it wasn't.

"Wait, but--" I stutter.

"No buts, Carter. We'll be late if you don't hurry," he rushes out of the house.

I look back, seeing our now empty house. Gosh I'm really going to miss this place. Seventeen wonderful years here at this amazing house, and now I'm just leaving it all behind.

I slowly walk toward the door, the car already packed with our luggage's.

I grab the handle to the door when I hear panting and running footsteps by my side. I look over to see Ethan, running down the block toward our car.

I chuckle at him, and once he catches his breath, he apologizes for being late. (he had to inform his parents, and ask if grayson would like to attend)

"It's okay, get in," I laugh.

He gets into the back seat, myself joining, not wanting to leave him just yet.

"How are you, Ethan?" My dad asks, eyeing him from the review mirror.

"I'm well," he says, leaning his head on mine.

"Good," my dad starts the ignition, and driving our way to the airport. It's a very long ride from where we are to the airport. About a forty minute drive.