two

"Ethan, where are we going."

"Somewhere fun, duh." I bring my knees up to my chest and groan. I'm getting impatient. I take the strings of Ethan's hoodie, and pull them covering my face.

"I'm bored." I tell him.

"Well; not anymore, cause we're here!" He pulls into a parking space in front of a paintball arena. My eyes go wide. "Holy shit!" I fumble with my seatbelt, and jolt out of the car as fast as I can.

Paint balling is my favorite thing to do ever. It hurts, yes. But it's amazingly fun. My father used to take me before he was really busy. During some free time, id always go. But lately, I haven't been able to go because of school and Peter. He never let me go.

I stand at the door, waiting for Ethan's slow ass to hurry up. Once he comes near, I hug him. "Thank you." He hugs back. "Now, let's go!" I tug his arm and pull him into the building.

-

"I totally crushed you!" I was basically jumping up and down as we headed back to the car.

"Okay, I'll admit. You're still an amazing paintballer." He chuckles and takes out his keys. "I'll always be amazing." I open the passenger door, and hopped in, making sure to buckle my seatbelt. Safety first.

"Yeah, you'll always be amazing." I heard him mumble to himself has he shut the door. I pretended not to hear him. He probably didn't want me to anyway.

He pulled out of the parking lot, and drove back to his house.

Once he pulled up onto the driveway, we said our goodbyes, and I hopped into my car, driving myself home.

I opened the front door of my house with my keys, and twisted the door open. "Welcome home Miss Carter." Henry says as he cooks up dinner. "Hello, Henry." I spin the the same bar stool I was in this morning.

"Where's Alda?" I ask.

"She's upstairs." Henry replies. I skip my way up the long, marbled stairs finding her dusting some cabinets.

"Hey Alda." I bounce my butt onto the cabinet she was dusting. "Ai!" She slaps me off the cabinet so she could keep dusting. "What do you want?"

"Um—when's my dad coming home?" I ask her. "He should be home by 9:00PM, so he'll miss dinner." I nod, and walk to the end of the hall to my room. I shut the door, and lay on the bed with my head hanging upside down.

Oh, I'm so childish. I hate being mature. Sure, I'm 16, but I'm still a kid, and I don't wanna grow up yet. It's scary.

I don't have shit like unicorn stuffed animals and stuff, I'm just really immature. This one time, me and Ethan duct taped Grayson to a chair, and silly stringed his ass. He was angry, but he got pizza after so, it was all good.

Ethan is the best thing that's ever happened to me. I hate being friends with girls because of all the drama. Trust me, I've tried it once freshmen year, and it sucked ass. Good thing Ethan was there throughout it all. We've been best friends since forever. He's the best person ever.

Knock knock

"Come in." I sat up, and immediately had a headache. "Ah, fuck." I held my head in my hands. Alda walked into my room. "Dinners ready." Then she closed the door.

I got off my bed and walked down the marble stairs into the dining room, taking a seat with Alda and Henry.

We ate our wonderful dinner, Henry made. After, Alda told me to get ready for bed, because, school you know.

I took a shower, and did all those things people do the night before school.

-

"Valentina! Wake your lazy ass up!" Alda comes in shouting in that Italian accent. I groan, and roll over so my leg could get off the bed.