Chapter 28

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO AND VOTE RIGHT NOW !! IT ONLY TAKES ONE SECOND, BUT IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY AND IT HELPS MY STORY!! I KNOW IM A THIRSY HOE WHAT CAN I SAY, AT LEAST I OWN UP TO IT OKAY

____________________________

I cannot go to the ocean
I cannot drive the streets at night
I cannot wake up in the morning
Without you on my mind
So you're gone and I'm haunted
And I bet you are just fine
Did I make it that easy
To walk right in and out of my life?

___________________________

"Gene! Finally! I've been waiting for you forever!" 

"Stacey!?" I exclaim. 

Stacey sits on her bed, smiling at me, and I almost forget I haven't seen her in around a month. She crosses over to me and grabs me into an extremely tight hug.

"Uh....wow." I manage to stutter, patting her back awkwardly. 

"Oh my god! So you'll never believe what just happened!" She squealed after she pulled back, linking her arm with me and walking us over to the bed. 

Before I could say anything she continues.

"Zayn and I are back together!" She screams, jumping up and down. 

Oh.

So that's why she was so happy to see me.

Stacey somehow mistook my expression to be joy, and pulled me back into a painful hug.

"I knew you'd be happy for me, Gene! I have to admit, I was a little angry at you for trying to get him to like you, but don't worry! I forgive you!" She beamed at me and patted my shoulder comfortingly. 

What?

"That's....great, Stacey. Really great." I say, trying to sound enthusiastic and genuinely happy for her. It wasn't the fact that they were together that troubled me. It was the fact that they were together the day after Zayn told me we couldn't be friends anymore. 

"I know right! Anyways, I also wanted to tell you, that I'm moving into the sorority house, so I just came back to see if I left anything. I already checked out so you'll probably get a new roommate soon." Stacey sighed and I noticed a large box on the floor next to her.

"So, you got into the sorority?" I ask trying to make some conversation after my long night with Harry. 

"Oh my god, yes! It was so hard, but I knew they would pick me in the end." Stacey smiled as she folded up a few dresses and placed them in her box. She began rambling about all the new boys she had met and all the "wild" parties she had experienced. I zoned out after a few minutes only to be brought back down as a sock hit me in the eye.

"Ow." I complained.

"Well, that's everything. You can come visit me whenever you want, Gene! I'd love to introduce you to some of my sorority sisters." Stacey exclaimed hugging me again before picking up her box of clothes and heading to the door.

Tempting.

"Well, I'll miss you." I say heading over to my bed and changing into my pajamas.

"Yah. See you around, Gene!" She sang as she practically skipped out the door. 

That was weird.

NIALL'S POINT OF VIEW

"Look man, I don't know what you want me to do!" Harry said.