Chapter 15

___________________________

When you were here before
Couldn't look you in the eye
You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry
You float like a feather
In a beautiful world
I wish I was special
You're so fucking special

___________________________

A month had passed since I had met Niall. I had managed to avoid him for the most part. He moved across the room with Harry in Psychology. Which was fine. I guess. Rumors spread that he had finally gotten a new girlfriend. Which was fine. I guess.

I was with Zayn now. And Niall was my past. 

"Hey Gene, are you listening to me?"

"What? Oh yah. I would go with the blue one." 

Allison held out two totally different dresses out. One was a short, strapless white mini, while the other was a long dark blue velvet dress. She was going to her boyfriend's house for Christmas and wanted to impress his parents. She sighed.

"Yah I guess you're right." She put the white mini back on the rack and proceeded to the cash register.  "So what are you doing for Christmas again?"

"Nothing. Zayn and I haven't really made any plans." 

"I heard Niall was having a party." She said quietly. 

"Is he?" I said trying to act indifferent. She sighed, annoyed.

"You need to tell Zayn soon."

"I know. I know. I will. Soon. I promise." 

"Yah. I've heard that before." She rolled her eyes and handed her credit card to the person behind the counter.

"C'mon. It's Christmas, give me a break."

"Fine. But when I come back in January...." She threatened.

"Don't worry!" I bit my lip and looked away. 

Allison knew that I still had feelings for Niall, even though I never had admitted it to her until she pointed it out. I had been meaning to tell Zayn for a long time, but somehow the topic never came up. Deep inside, I felt like Zayn already knew. 

"I remember when Zayn and I went out....those were the days!" She laughed and I rolled my eyes. 

"Okay, let's go. I have to meet up with Liam soon." 

"Oh my god, do you ever spend a day without him?"

I dramatically gasped and put my hand on my chest for effect.

"What? No! Of course not, now let's go." I grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the store. She muttered protests but followed me to her car. On the ride there, I realized someone was calling me.

"Hello?"

"Hey Gene."

"Hey Zayn!" I smiled into the phone and Allison rolled her eyes. 

"Look I have something to tell you." 

My stomach seemed to do a back flip at the tone of his voice.

"Yah?"

"Harry is throwing the party this year......and he wants us to come."

"No." I immediately responded. There was no way I was going to a party with Niall there.

"I already told him we would go." 

I breathed angrily through my nose and I knew Zayn heard me.