"Nick, What the hell, is going on?" I demanded. He looked away and I got even more angry. "Tell me!" He sighed and rubbed his hand on his face.

"I don't want you to freak out. I need time." He just bit me...or marked me and he thinks I'm going to freak out now?

"Oh, I'm well passed freaked out." He shoved his hand through his hair and it fell above his eyes.

"Time to bite the bullet I guess." He mumbled to himself then he spoke louder. "Ashley, you're my mate."

"What's a mate?" The confusion was evident in my voice.

"A mate is basically a soul mate. Someone chosen by fate to be your other half, to be with you forever."

"I've never heard of a mate before." Am I going crazy?

"That's because it only exists in the supernatural world."

"Meaning what? You're supernatural?" He nodded as a response and then he took his shirt off. His muscles captivated me and it took all my strength to look away.

"I'm a werewolf." Okay yes I'm definitely going crazy, and he's obviously delusional and thinks he's freaking Jacob from twilight.

"Nick, you're crazy." I turned away from him, ready to leave when I heard the tearing of fabric. I turned around to see in Nicks place stood a beautiful Brown wolf.

I stood there frozen, unmoving, not screaming, not running away, but staring into the grey eyes of the wolf, the exact same shade as Nicks.

"Nick?" I took a hesitant step towards the large wolf. The wolf bowed his head then lifted it back up. He just nodded and I gasped.

"You can understand me?" Again he nodded. I was now at his side and I ran a hesitant hand through his soft fur and he nuzzled his nose in my stomach.

"This is incredible." I breathed. I'm supposed to feel scared aren't I?

All I felt was amazed, and completely safe. It was this moment that made me realize, Nick really isn't going to hurt me. He's exactly who he said he is.

He looked surprised at my words, his body started to convulse and his bones began to pop out in weird angles, but I couldn't bring myself to look away. I was fascinated and what scared me the most? I shouldn't be fascinated, I should be running for the hills.

Nick now sat in front of me completely naked. I tried so hard not to look down, satisfied yet sad I didn't.

"You're not scared?" He asked.

"I know I should be, but I'm not. I actually feel safe. I'm crazy right?" He placed his palm on my cheek and looked me in the eyes.

"It's the mate bond. You feeling safe is totally normal. Mates have a special connection." I'm his mate? Why? Why did I get to be mated to someone so sexy. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I'm just very confused.

"Why me? Why are you mated to a human girl that's so different from you?" It frustrated me.

"We don't choose our mates. Fate does, they find the perfect person to be your other half and I'm so grateful it's you." I leaned into his touch, then into him and hugged him. I quickly pulled away remembering he was naked.

"I'm gonna get some pants on." He said awkwardly and stood up. I looked away as he slipped on grey sweats that hung low on his waist. I swear this guy looked like he was sculpted to perfection by god himself.

Again I looked in the mirror and was horrified by the way I looked.

"Can I take a shower?" I really needed one, my hair was tangled and my makeup was now running.

"Yeah, of course." He went into his drawers and pulled out one of his shirts and a pair of boxers and handed them to me. "It's all there is."

I took them from his hand and thanked him.

Inside the bathroom I stripped off my clothes, unstrapped my pump and unhooked it from my body. I walked into the shower and turned the amazing water on.

I had shampooed and conditioned with Nicks products and went to dry myself with one of the towels.

I slipped my bra and underwear back on. I tossed the dress in the basket. I didn't put on his boxers, however, I put on his shirt which just barely covered my ass. Great day to be wearing lace, huh?

I stared at myself in the mirror wondering how in hell I got here. I know it's stupid for trusting Nick so soon and being okay with what he is. Trust me, I know it's wrong, but something tells me everything will be okay and that I should trust him. So I'm not going to fight my feelings for once. I'm not going to push people away, I'm giving this, whatever 'this' is, a chance.

I stepped out of the bathroom to see Nick on the bed engaged in a conversation on the phone.

"Listen, just schedule the meeting for tomorrow at two, because I am not coming in now it's almost four in the fucking morning." He looked agitated but when he saw me he mumbled a good bye and threw his phone behind him. "Wow." He looked me up and down and I felt self conscious.

"Quit staring." I said awkwardly.

"I can't." I rolled my eyes and walked over to the bed and sat beside him.

"Get out of my room, Nick." I teased.

"Your room? No sweetheart, we're sharing." He folded his hands over his chest and I played along.

"It's my room." I stood up and I sat on his lap straddling him with my hands on his shoulders. "Please?" I placed a soft kiss on his neck and he groaned with pleasure. I licked the spot I had kissed and his hands clamped on my waist.

"If you keep this up, I'll have to take you right now." I blushed at the thought of that. I honestly wouldn't mind him doing it to me right here and now, but that's my body talking, I know I'm not ready yet.

"Nick, please. I've never shared a bed with a guy before and I just don't think I'm ready, yet?" He looked like he understood and he held my face in his big hands.

"Ashley, you never have to do something you aren't ready for." He reassured.

"You're not mad?" I asked.

"Why would I be? Don't get me wrong I want nothing more than to hold you while you sleep, but it's not right to make you feel like you have to." Can this guy be anymore perfect?

"Will you tell me all about werewolves tomorrow?" In complete honesty, I wanted to know everything, now. I'm just too tired to even think, so I guess it'll have to wait.

"I'll tell you whatever you need to know. I'll be in the room on the left if you need anything." He kissed my forehead, whispered a good night, and left me in his room. I felt the tingles remain where his lips had been moments ago and slipped into his warm bed. The digital clock showed the time to be four a.m and I yawned, my eyes getting heavy.

I let the darkness take me not wasting another precious moment.

________________________

What did you think?? I think this is my favorite chapter so far and I hop you feel the same.

Unfortunately, This week is finals week and for a few days I will not be writing as much, but I promise to use my study breaks for writing. THANK YOU FOR READING!

It really makes me want to write so much more when I get comments, so I thank the ones who were first to comment. You know yourselves, it made me feel amazing, and I just wanted to write to you, a personal thank you!

-Natalie!