Chapter Nine

Ashley

"Jesus, Nick you should've fed her after training. Exercise lowers the blood sugar very fast." A familiar voice shouted.

"I'm new at this. I didn't know, besides she was about to eat, right before you walked in and almost gave her a heart attack." Nick shouted back. I groaned and rubbed my head.

"What happened?" My voice was hoarse and my throat was dry. Nick sat beside me on our bed.

"You blacked out, some from shock and from a low blood sugar." From shock? The events from earlier came rich inch back and I moved my eyes from Nicks, to the other side of the room and sure enough, there she was. Natasha stood with a tear stained face, looking very stressed.

"I'll leave you too, to talk." Nick kissed my forehead and went to leave the room. Natasha closed the door and turned back to me.

"I'm so sorry for not tel-"

"Natasha, we've known each other for eighteen years. Eighteen!" I shouted cutting her off, mid sentence. "How could you not have told me? I've known you for so long, Did you really think I wouldn't have been okay with you being a werewolf." Tears started to fall from her tired eyes. My heart broke, this is my best friend, my sister, I shouldn't throw away our friendship over a secret she kept.

"I didn't want you to hate me." She whispered.

"God, Nat." I stood up off of the bed and walked over to her, I hugged her tightly. "I could never hate you." She smiled, tears staining her face.

"My mom, have you talked to my mom?" She nodded her head and gave a small smile.

"I told her you and I were going out of town for some time, I told her you weren't feeling well and that you asked me to tell her while you slept." She said simply.

"And she believed you?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yep. She said it was fine, so long as you called every now and then, so I told her we might not have service, where we were going." We have each other a high five and I smiled mischievously.

"So? Anthony?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows. "How'd that happen?"

"Well, when we were at the club, I caught him starring at me, and when our eyes met, we both knew." She smiled brightly at the mention of Anthony.

"So, is that why you left me?" She simply shrugged and nodded.

"Yea, neither of us could wait to complete the mate bond."

"How do you complete the mate bond?" I didn't know there was a way to complete the bond.

Natasha started moving her pelvis back and forth, she laughed and her eyebrows went up and down.

"You do the SEXY!" She whispered the first three words and shouted the last word. "Nick didn't tell you?" She finally stopped her pelvic thrusts.

"No, we haven't really had a chance for it to be just us, you know?"

"Well, Jenna and I are going to change that." You guys can go out on a date and finally get to know each other. Like really get to know each other." She started her thrusting again and I covered my eyes.

"I'm not sleeping with him, yet." She kept going with her thrusts.

"Yea, but you want to!" She giggled. "It's easy, watch." I thumped her forehead which finally got her to stop.

"You done now?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yep!" She thumped me, then said, "Never thump my forehead again."

"Whatever." We went down stairs where everyone was sitting around the dining table with pizza and beer sitting on it.

"SHE'S ALIVE!" James shouted and I rolled my eyes. He came and hugged me, when I hugged back Nick growled possessively. I laughed and released James.

"If you ever pass out again, and they have to pull out another needle, I'll never speak to you again!"

"If you stop talking to me, I'll just chase you with a needle till I get you to talk." His eyes showed fear and he hid behind Rick.

"She's going to kill me." I heard James whisper. I laughed with satisfaction then went to place a lingering kiss on Nicks lips, and he pulled me into his lap.

"What'd he mean, needle?" I asked.

"When you passed out, Natasha made sure to check your blood sugar, and it was really low."

"Yea, the guys had the emergency kit, they just didn't know how to use it."

"Oh." I said. "Sorry, you guys had to see that."

"All that matters is that you're okay." Jenna said and everyone nodded in agreement.

Jenna and Natasha walked out of the room and after five minutes of me being alone with the guys, they walked back inside.

"So Nick." Jenna started. "We think it's a good idea, if you and Ashley go out on a date tomorrow Night, forget about everything that's happened in the past few days." I gave them a look and my cheeks became hot.

"You guys need to get some time for yourselves. You deserve it." Nick wrapped his arms around me.

"I think it's a great idea." Nicks husky voice spoke. I looked back at him shocked, but smiled.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really." He kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear. "I've been wanting to get you alone." I shivered and blushed immediately.

"Okay, don't worry about any of the arrangements Nick, we got it." Jenna intervened with Natasha nodding at her words.

"Get up Ash." Natasha yelled pulling me off Nicks lap. "We have to go shopping." Jenna grabbed a set of keys and we were almost home free, when Nick, Anthony and Rick yelled.

"You're taking James with you." James was shoving a slice of pizza in his mouth and when he heard what the guys said his mouth fell open and the chewed up pizza in his mouth fell out.

"What?" He asked shocked.

"You're going with them." Nick said. "We still haven't found that rogue and they need someone with them." James mouth was still open and there was pizza sauce on his cheek.

"Why can't you guys go?" He asked.

"We have pack business to take care of." Rick mused.

"Oh, god, kill me now." James cried standing up and walking slowly with his head down towards the door where we stood.

Natasha and I each grabbed one of James' hands and locked elbows with him. We hauled ass out of the house with James looking very miserable.

-----------------------------------------
I promise the next chapter will be longer. It will include the shopping and the date.

Hope you enjoyed it. Thank you for reading.

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

-Natalie