Chapter Twelve

Ashley

"Ashley, wake up Angel." A male voice called and I felt someone shaking me. I stuck my hand out and placed it on their face, rubbing everywhere and lingering on the lips of the intruder. I already know it's Nick, he's the only one that calls me Angel, that, and I know those lips anywhere, and he would never have another male wake me up.

"No. I'm too tired to get up." I turned away from where he was sitting on the bed and hid my face in the pillow. "Nick please let me sleep in." I frowned at him, even though my eyes were closed.

"Come on, Angel. Wake your ass up." He ripped the covers off of my body and I curled myself up in the fetal position.

"Nick, my blood sugars are messed up and it makes me really tired." He sighed heavily then spoke once again.

"Well, I figured you'd want to get ready before my mom co-" Before he could get the rest of his sentence out, I jumped out of bed, stepped over Nick, then ran towards the bathroom.

"When will she be here?" I asked shutting the door and stripping out of my clothes, then ran the warm water.

"In about an hour." He yelled from the other side of the door.

"Nick, why didn't you wake me up earlier? What time is it anyway?" I unhooked my pump and placed it on the sink.

"I woke you up earlier, but you threw the pillow at my head and it's two o'clock." I turned to face the door as if I was looking at Nick.

"Two O'clock?" I don't remember home waking me up. I just remember being really annoyed in my sleep, I thought that was because of a bad dream, guess we know why now.I shrugged and got in the shower.

After doing everything necessary in the bathroom I ran into the closet, in only a towel searching for something to wear.

I found a floral dress, semi tight from the bust, but flows loosely to the knees. It's very appropriate for meeting his parents, then I went into my drawers and pulled out a strapless bra with matching zebra striped underwear.

I sat at my vanity and applied some natural makeup, I contoured my cheek bones and highlighted some of my features, nothing too dramatic.

I straightened my blond hair and decided to tie it back with a bump at the top. Locking the door, I unwrapped my towel and threw it in the hamper, then easily slipped the dress on. I found some beautiful white leather flats and put them on as well.

"Angel?" Nick lightly knocked on the door. "Jenna, Natasha, Rick, James and Anthony are all here." I opened the door and took a few steps back.

"Is this appropriate enough?" I began fidgeting in my spot and playing with my hands.

"It's perfect." He laced our fingers and kissed me on the cheek while walking us down the stairs, when the doorbell rang.

"They're here." I heard James yell as he was running down the stairs, he pulled Nicks hand from mine as he continued his sprint.

He basically ripped the door off of its hinges and jumped on the woman waiting outside.

"I missed you so much, Anna!" He hugged her, you could see it was getting hard for her to breathe.

"I've missed you too, sweet heart." The woman patted his back and gave him a kiss on the cheek. His smile grew so wide, making him rest his head on her shoulder.

"Come on James, give my wife some room." The big man beside her chuckled.

We stood in front of the two, when they walked into the house and James was now holding the woman's hand. I got a better look at her and was stunned by her beauty.