17 ~ Caribbean

I finished packing, having Marie drive me to the airport. I got out of her car, smiling at her as I lugged my bags inside of the airport. I walked through security with no troubles, shoving my feet back into my shoes and sitting by my gate. I pulled out my phone, mindlessly scrolling through Instagram before boarding my plane. 

I fell asleep almost immediately as the plane took off. It was gonna be a long flight.  

When the plane landed, I looked out the window, not being able to contain a gasp as I looked out at the devastation before me. I got off of the plane, walking toward Alex's house. I approached the old cottage, one half of which was torn out by the violent winds of the hurricane. I knocked on the door, hearing hurried footsteps rushing toward the door. Alex swung the door open, enveloping my body in a tight hug. 

"I missed you so much!" He practically screamed in my ear, crushing my shoulders as he embraced my tired body. I smiled, kissing the side of his head. He lead me into the house, showing me his room, which was a mess of half written on pieces of paper and dirty laundry. "Sorry it's kind of messy," He laughed uncomfortably "I've just been really busy with all of the stuff for the funeral and cleaning up the island and now you're here and I-"

I cut him off "It's okay dear, I'm here to help. Anything you need." He nodded in response, hugging me again. I held him tightly, running a hand up and down his back. His whole presence just gave off a feeling of stress. He sat down on his bed, putting his face in his hands. 

"I just," he took a deep inhale "he was all I had left. I have no more family..."

"I'm so sorry, love. I wish I could bring all of them back. Isn't your dad still alive?"

"Yeah, but I have no idea where he is." He was clearly holding back tears as he laid down. I climbed in next to him, holding him closely. 

"I love you." I said, kissing his head lightly. He began to cry, his whole body shaking. I felt so bad for him. I wished with all of my heart that I could help him. It made me feel terrible to see him like this. And the fact that I had to leave the next day pained me the most. 

"Thank you for t-this." He said, choking out another sob. 

"Anything for you. I'm always here. Always."