12 ~ Graduation Day (scream)

I woke up early, putting on my purple shirt and black vest, all ironed by Hercules Mulligan, our local mom friend. I threw on my nice pair of jeans and looked in the mirror. Graduation day. I walked into Lafayette's bathroom, quickly running a comb through my hair and pulling it back into a nice bun. Laf and Herc were already up, ready and waiting in the car. Lucky for them, Laf's grandma was gone for the weekend so they slept in the same bed which seemed to make them pretty happy. I sprayed lots of cologne on and then finished off my process with the most important part, my cap and gown. I walked out to the car, quickly getting in. Laf was on the phone so Hercules and I waited for him to get off so we could go. I only heard his side of the conversation.
"Yes. Yes. I know. I told him. He did. He's ready. Is he dressed nice? Good. And you have the camera and everything? Good stuff. Bye!" He hung up, smiling and winking at Hercules.
"What was that all about?" I asked, looking at them quizzically.
"Just making sure Peggy had all of the camera things so that your Alexander can be sent the video of your graduation!" He smiled, starting to drive toward the school.
"Thank you Laf!" I smiled, opening my phone to look at my lock screen which was a particularly adorable picture of Alex, blushing.
How did I get so lucky? I decided to text him.
To Lexi: good morning gorgeous
From Lexi: hey lovely, have a good graduation. Send me lots of pictures!
To Lexi: I will. Talk to you later
I smiled, looking up as the car pulled into the parking lot and we got out. Laf and Herc walked around to the back of the car, grabbing eachothers caps and putting them on one another. Laf blushed, pecking Hercules' lips. Just as they kissed, there was a flash. Peggy was taking pictures since she was still a junior.
"Hey!" I smiled, hugging her "looking lovely as always. My gorgeous best friend." She giggled.
"I'm gonna take so many pictures of my handsome boys and my big sister today!" She said excitedly. She was actually really good at taking pictures, I had her do my senior pictures for me, actually. Laf, Herc, and I all walked to our seats, Peggy going to the audience. She was sitting right by the entrance though which was odd. Maybe there was a better camera angle from there or something. I watched as she set up a camera facing toward me and one facing the entrance. Huh... weird. I didn't think much of it though because the ceremony began. The principal and Mr. Washington gave some nice speeches about how much they'd miss this years students and Blah blah blah. They're very proud of how successful we've all been yada yada yada. Then they began to call names. Mr. Washington smirked at me, and completely skipped over my name. What the hell? He called everyone else's names but not mine? And he could clearly see how pissed I was getting. Then he finally called my name.
"John Laurens." He smiled, and I stood up, walking toward the podium. He handed me my diploma and I smiled for all of the cameras people were holding up, turning to Peggy's camera last. Someone was standing next to her. Someone oddly familiar, and really hot. I gasped and dropped my diploma, sprinting across the football field where I was and toward the love of my life. Peggy had several cameras set up, this is why. I get it now.
When I reached him, I flung my arms around his neck, burying my face in his shoulder, sobbing.
"You're real," I sobbed "holy shit you're real." I looked up at his beautiful eyes. They really are more breathtaking in person. He was crying too, holding on to my waist tightly as I stared into his outstanding eyes.
"I love you John." He spoke quietly, pressing his forehead against mine.
"I love you t-too." I sputtered, stopping crying and taking in every inch of him. He lightly placed a hand on the side of my face, stroking his thumb across my cheek before gently pressing his lips to mine.
The kiss was electric. Behind my closed eyelids I saw fireworks, and I've never been happier. Several 'aw's came from the crowd and I pulled my cap off, throwing it in the air. Everyone cheered as the rest of my class repeated my action. As soon as we were dismissed, I grabbed Alex's hand, sprinting under the bleachers of the football field (every high school has a makeout spot, this is ours) connecting my lips to his once more. He smiled, pulling away gently.
"God, John I love you even more than I thought I did." He said, smiling at me as he intertwined our fingers.
"I can't believe you're real Lexi. I love you so much." I whispered before we were interrupted.
"Come on lovebirds, we still gotta go to the after party." I turned to look at Peggy, smiling bigger than I ever have.
"Did you set this whole thing up?" I asked her. She nodded and I sprinted to her, picking her up and hugging her tightly.
"Thank you so much, Peggs."
"PARTY AT SCHUYLER MANSION!!!" Someone yelled, and I pulled Alex toward Lafayette's car, getting in the backseat. Him and Hercules were already in the car, waiting for us.
"How did you like your surprise mon ami?" Lafayette asked me, smiling. I looked down at Alex, who had his head on my lap as I ran my fingers through his hair and I smiled.
"I love it." I said, leaning down to kiss Alex again. I tried to sit back up, but he grabbed the back of my neck, pulling me down to deepen the kiss more. I quickly positioned myself so that I could make out with him comfortably. We sat in the backseat of Lafayette's car, making out until we eventually got to the Schuyler's house.
"Alright ya sluts," Hercules announced "time to get hammered."
A/N
*squeal* FINALLY
~Joy