Kendall K

PAIGE'S POV

The next day, the girls and I read the entry I had already read, before dance. Everyone stared at Kendall, or at the sky when we remembered that day. Abby had given Kendall a solo, so instead of coming to visit Brooke, she danced. I always knew about Kendall, just not how it started. We all wanted to know. Kendall was crying, but Kenzie asked the question we were all dying to ask.

"Kendall K, why did you start being mean to Brookie?" Kenzie asked, softly, and I saw a new emotion crash through her. She was clutching Brooke's diary. She was trying to figure out why these people did what they did to Brooke. She was trying to find the missing pieces of her best friend. It was a feeling of pure sadness, longing. Longing for the past, all the good times we had. Kenzie giggling when Brooke and her got I duet. Kenzie smiling when Brooke and her started calling each other B and Z. Kenzie screaming in fright when Chloe, Maddie, and I pranked her and Brooke, leaving them clutching each other, scared to move. Kenzie and Brooke really were best friends. 

"It all started after that competition. I thought- I thought I was becoming the favorite until then-" She cut herself off with sobs. I knew She was sorry, but that wasn't an excuse, that wouldn't bring Brooke back, "then I realized I wasn't, B-B-Brooke was, again. I thought I-I deserved it m-more, because B-B-B-Brooke had already been the favorite. I-I was jealous. I th-thought if I shut her o-out completely she'd b-beg for me to stop, and I-I would tell her to l-let me be the f-f-favorite. I-I never thought it would go this far! I'm so sorry!" She sobbed, and left the house crying. I didn't want to chase after her. Why should I care about someone who was the cause of my sister's death? But then I realized, Maddie was too. I wasn't being mean to Maddie. Brooke would want me to forget, wouldn't she?

"I-I can't forgive her." Kenzie said, as if she was reading my mind.

"I-if you guys can't forgive her, then you shouldn't be able to forgive Chloe or me." Maddie said, but it was more like a question.

"I think Chloe and Maddie have a way less part in this then Kendall or Peyton or Kelsey!" Kenzie said. 

"Ya, guys, it was mainly them." I say, hoping to take the tears away from brimming in Chloe and Maddie's eyes. Maddie wlaked over the a picture of Brooke on my desk. 

"She was so strong. So perfect, amazing. She was so tough, and she was so talented. Singing, dancing everything. Brooke, I'm so sorry. I love you more than a sister, more than a best friend. You were perfect, beautiful, skinny. Worthy of attention. Worthy of those titles you earned for dance. Worthy of the awards for your music. Worthy of everything. Worthy, maybe too worthy of love." Maddie said, and started crying. Everything she said was true. Brooke was worthy of the world. Brooke was worth the world. She was worth the world to everyone, including me. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

OMGGGGG YOU GUYS ARE SO PERFECT THANK YOU FOR READING OMG YOUR COMMENTS REALLY HELP GET ME INSPIRED TO WRITE MORE OFTEN :) SORRY FOR THE SHORTNESS OF THIS CHAPTER! OK SO MY FAVE KENZIE PIC IS ON THE SIDE!! ALSO 7 COMMENTS AND 10 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

- <3 HANNAH