Chapter 1: How did this happen?

(Pov: third person)
~~~~~~~
Sun rise, sun set, what happens in between? Not much for 14 year old Dave Strider. He's probably the oldest kid in this stupid joint. The foster unit was alive with the sound of children playing in the courtyard. The girls played with the jump ropes that laid on the pavement, or played with their dolls, and the boys played ball or had small "fights". Dave on the other hand, was alone. He sat under the tree, shades on his face as he relaxed. He didn't care for the children one bit. He didn't talk to them, play with them, or even pay attention to them. They were just too young for the teen boy. But, there was an exception. A 6 year old girl named Casey. She would stop playing with the other girls and walk to Dave and give him some dandelions that she had found. Dave loved her like a close sister. But, Dave felt saddened. The Headmaster of the unit walked over to Casey, with two adults behind her. Dave knew this moment all too well. The two adults looked at Dave with horror, glancing up and down his anorexic, and scarred body. Lily soon left, leaving Dave alone.

It's been a few months and Dave has lost hope of being adopted a long time ago. He had a feeling he wouldn't be loved ever since he arrived. He came from an abusive household, where he lived with his older brother and that's it. Dave's body became the way it is because of his brother. The older male would do so many things, it's hard for Dave to talk about. Dave glanced at the headmaster, the lady rubbing Daves shoulder motherly. She tried to make Dave happy, but he never really showed that he was happy to be there. She lead him to his little room and spoke quietly, "pack your things dear, a family in Washington has adopted you." Dave glanced at her, "you're kidding." She chuckled and shook her head. Dave took a breath and looked at his stuff, nodding. She spoke up again, just to say one last phrase, "your flight there is tomorrow afternoon, so get a good nights rest." Dave gave her a small hug and watched her leave, plopping on his bed. He took the moment to happily hug the large crow plush the headmaster had made for him when he first arrived. He loved it more than anything, and he didn't want to leave without it. To him, the plush was like an anxiety pill, it calmed him down a lot. Dave glanced at the clock, 7pm. Dave sighed and went back out for dinner, which wasn't much. A little bit less than a half of plate of food sat there for him. He knew it was the perfect amount for him, since he can't eat much without throwing it back up. Dave was lucky it was this much and not the small dollop of food he has when he first arrived. Since then, he gained around 20 pounds, making him stand at around 84 lbs at the current time he was eating. Dave was trying his best to gain weight, and was sorta happy with this result. He was quick to finish dinner and go back to his room to pack, which didn't really take him that long. He had no laundry to pack, so he changed into his clothes for his flight and packed away his dirty clothes, laying down. He clung onto his crow and slowly drift off to sleep, hoping he didn't have a nightmare.

Dave awoke, seeing himself in his old home. He looked around, everything was clean. No blood, no swords, nothing odd. Dave liked this, getting up and exploring the area. Even if it felt nice, it was odd, and soon enough the safe and secure feeling broke into an unsettling cool burst of air. Dave turned around, seeing the all too familiar adult who raised him. The man towered over him, katana raised in a fighting stance. The next few minutes were a blur but Dave was then on the floor, covered in blood. He felt hopeless, weak, and doomed for all eternity. He can't escape him, never in a million years. Dave looked up at the man and trembled on the ground, "Bro please, don't do this to me. I don't want to suffer anymore." Bro scoffed and raised his blade for another slice, but a bright white light stopped him. Soon enough, Bro had disappeared but Dave was still on the floor. He looked around and saw a tall man in a neat, white suit, and a shorter boy with messy hair, outlined in a blue aura. Dave reached out for them, everything fading white.

Dave jolt up and pant quietly, looking around. He whimpered to himself and checked the time. 6:43AM. He sighed to himself, getting up and walking to the courtyard, sitting at his tree. His mind started racing. Who was those two strange males in his dream? He has never met them before. What was with the boy with the blue aura? He is one of the weirdest people he has dreamt about ever. Dave felt himself yawn and drift off to sleep again, the sounds of the birds relaxing him.

Dave woke up in a grayish room. he looked down and saw that he was on a white couch. The looked around the strange area, it was empty with pictures he couldn't quite make out. He got up and walked around, seeing a bright white light. Again, he saw the neatly dressed man. This time the boy wasn't with him. The man didn't have a face, but Dave felt relaxed and not at all scared of the man. He walked into the embrace of the elder man, feeling a presence behind him. He turned around and saw five figures. The boy with a blue aura, a girl with a pink aura, another boy but he had a dark green aura, and another girl with a light green aura. He glanced at the boy who stood a little bit away from the others. He had a red/grey aura. Dave saw that they had circled him. He looked around and everything disappeared.

Dave woke up and saw the headmaster, frowning. He wanted that dream to continue more than anything. It was the first nice dream he had in years. He headmaster smiled and held his stuff, "come on, your flight is gonna leave in 2 hours." Dave nodded and held everything close, especially his crow. The headmaster drove him to the airport and helped him get settled, telling him exactly what to do and where to go. Dave listened closely and watched her leave, going to do exactly that, while stopping at a small store to grab a water before he hopped onto the plane, getting sat next to an old lady and what seemed to be her grandson. He didn't really look at them. He just clutched his crow and awaited the flights start.

~~~~

first chapter! this is partially based off an rp i did awhile back. I hope you guys like it!!