Night of the Living Virus

✖️✖️✖️✖️

I enter the Davenport-Dooley residence just as Blake immediately hugged me and pulled me right back outside. "I have to tell you the truth." He murmured, dragging me across the street and to our own house, "They're not really dead."

"What?" I comment confused a little, stopping him briefly as he looked at me. "What're you talking about, Blake?"

"It was a test for you. Our mom and dad made me put up an illusion of them dead. They trashed the house to make it look even more real." Blake started explaining, "I wanted so badly to tell you, but they told me not to. You had to learn how to take care of yourself in case something ever did happened to us or them."

We walk inside of the Moore house and look around. Dad was on the couch and Mom was in the kitchen. Emily was playing with a doll on the floor in the living room.

I look around once more and back at my little brother

I look around once more and back at my little brother. "Is this an illusion?" I ask him, tears starting to come to my eyes.

"No. It's real, Des." Our mother answered, walking over to us and stopped in front of me.

I immediately hugged her as she hugged me back. "Why would you guys do this?"

"To help you learn." Our dad answered, walking over to us as well. "And I hate to say it, but you failed at this lesson, Tremors. You left your brother when he would've needed you the most."

I slowly shake my head in disbelief, taking a step back. "Really? I failed? No, no. I placed him with a family who could keep him safe. If anyone failed, it would be you guys for being horrible parents. We shouldn't have to bury our parents or be left on our own while you're really alive and safe." 

Justin walked down the stairs and over to us as we hug. But I step back again, still upset. "I just- I can't talk to you right now."

I quickly left out of the house, the front door slamming behind me. I run down the street and then enter the Davenport-Dooley residence. The boys was playing Mental Chaos. "Watch out for that laser." I mutter, watching the screen as Adam dodged the laser.

"Thanks." Adam said gratefully.

" Adam said gratefully